Returning Div III corps for '06

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in the works.

Is there a website I could check out to see how it is coming along? Or should I just keep looking at the websites of Frontier, GCS, Trinity,and Revolution?

Anyone have any General Butler Vagabonds info? WIll they be returning?

Anyone have any General Butler Vagabonds info? WIll they be returning?

I miss GBV also, they were among the first drum corps I ever saw. Any corps that would dress their members up like this for a Les Miserables show and like that for a Carmen show deserves serious credit. They were not a big corps, but they had strong talent. From my understanding, they stopped fielding a junior corps after the summer of 2000, and later put their efforts into an area senior corps, Allegheny Nightstorm which has since folded. I'll ask a friend of mine who's quite knowledgeable on the Pittsburgh pageantry scene, but I'm sure it'll lead to another story of some complex merger combination that eventually collapses in on itself as seems to be the case with most drum corps/drumlines/winterguards in that area.

Like Chris had stated I doubt your going to see LVK return for the moment at least under it's previous umbrella (Chieftains)... As I'm no longer involved in the organization I can not respond to what there doing or not doing, I know there were many many issues in the end that our better left off the forum.

Like Chris has said, it has been a great run. Certainly, I will never forget the many fine memories I had while involved. There were MANY MANY great kids and staff that came through the doors. I'll never forget the group of 2003 after the accident. This was probably the most special group of kids I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I think the very famous Canada tour was also that year (can't you guys name the streets correctly to the north? lol).

Since I own the LehighValleyKnights.org domain, I will be redesigning it into a Alumni website over the next few months... and who knows what the future may hold... I suspect someday you may see LVK return... somehow.... someway... maybe it can be done the right way...

lvk_01.gif