Show endings/ final moments

2000 Cadets, from the company front to the end... I remember during Semis in COllege park, looking up at the sky while looking down out of the bottom of my eye at the field thinking...this has all the makings of a champion.

That show was designed perfect.

~G~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCV 2003 - not only did the cymbals get to go on a dead run, but they got to do the chop/jump/whatever you call that thing, and the "V" right in the front of the field.  I really get a kick out of that every time i see it.

I believe you are refering to the Viper... At least I think that's what its called.

let's see, all time favorite?

95 Scouts

HM:

92 BD

97 BD (the show that got me into drum corps)

89 SCV

00 SCV

99 Scouts

'82 Phantom & the last push in Spartacus (Memo: needs a redo in the 21st Century!)

'83 SCV and their reverent version of Appalachian Spring with the down-soft ending, a gutsy move for the time.

'79 Troopers (I can hear everyone running for their Legacy CDs on this one-- the crowd response says it all)

'85 Suncoast-- the girl with the red ball & the hornline on the 50 playing three HUGE dissonant bops (WHACK WHACK WHACK!) to Side 1. Left the crowd gasping!

'00 SCV

'75 Madison

and of course, '80 Spirit.

I would have to say that the closer I have watched the most was Blue Devils in 1992. Great Chart. Followed closely by Star 91 and Madison 88. But my greatest familiarity with drum corps shows is limited to 1987 to 1994. Clearly I need to check out Madison's 1995 show based on the comments I have seen.

I recently purchased the 2003 and 2004 finals DVDs, and I have to agree with the consensus that Phantom's Canon in D Reprise is fantastic. Check out the solo colorguard member who spins the flag after the final chords. She appears to cry out sobs of joy. Sums up the emotions well. I love that kind of stuff.

Does anyone have a recording of the judge going nutsy over SVC's show in 1986 (or was it 87)? I love listening to those types of reactions.

ummmm... where to start lol

SCV '00 one of the first shows i ever saw

SCV '99 They really played their butts off

BD '04 The "Coolest" ending very slick

Madison '95 WOW

Phantom '03 Loved it live, and just amazing, to bad DCI got rid of most of the crowd in the recodings

Phantom '89 wow... just wow

SCV '89 again wow... just wow

Cavies '01 The push to the end is just bad ###

Star '91 the ending is just amazing, the drill... wow

Star '93 The raw power is just there, just hate on a field

Spirit '80 Now thats fun

Edited by Max Plays Music

ahh let's see here...

Phantom 2003 - the show that got me into drum corps

Cadets 2000

Phantom 1996

SCV 1999 gave me shivers. heck, the entire show gave me the chills.

SCV 2000 - yeah, more chills.

Honorable mention-

I seem to enjoy the closer to...

Cavies 2002. yeah. the drill is what made this awesome. Music wasn't as emotionally involved as the others.

Yes I see a lot of Phantom Regiment 2003s and Santa Clara Vanguard 1999s.