Show endings/ final moments

Sorry.  Missed it.  Hey admins, close this puppy down.  :worthy:

"Best Endings "Of All Time":

Thats quite a "spread". If you mean "DCI", I would say the Blue Devils "Man Loves a Woman" finale from 1992, or any of the Madison finales of the mid 1990s. The Scouts "Ballet in Brass" finale of 1974-75, Argonne's "Stars & Stripes" signature, and the Muchachos "Espana" finale merit inclusion also.

Juniors PRIOR to "DCI" (Yes, there was drum corps prior to October 1971), Some great "Endings" that come to mind include St Catherine's "Exodus" closer of 1961, Chicago Cavaliers "Somewhere" closer of 1965, and Casper Troopers "How the Werst Was Won" of 1970 to name but a few.

Elphaba

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star 91

BD 88

Cavies 01

Cavies 95

Scouts 97

Phantom 93-94

Scouts 88

Sky Ryders 88

VK 92

Bridgemen 80

Cadets 84

SCV 04

Phantom 03

I can't believe I forgot BD 96. Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

Madison 98!!!!!!!!!!!!! so amazing.....that was my hype song this past year...guess it worked out :P

Looks like this thread is gonna live, so here goes:

Two of the finest drum corps endings of all time - both in the same year. Were WE, the audience, spoiled rotten in 87 or what?

1987 Garfield Cadets - Finale to Appalachian Spring.

Brilliant. Poised. Calculated. Flowing artful drill that IMO is impressive even by today's standards. Did anyone else get to hear the soloist pre-finals? And then see them confidently march off the field after the last note? It was a completely different experience than at finals when the crowd went nuts. (I can't really blame them... Heck! I was one of them! :worthy: )

1987 Santa Clara Vanguard - Great Gate of Kiev (from Pictures at an Exhibition)

The evolution of 80s "pageantry" and drum corps achievement fulfilled to a level that had judges cussing with joy and audiences absolutely screaming and leaping to their feet (myself included). A classical, in-your-face closer that totally delivered the goods. GR said the 87 Vanguard was basically the most perfect drum corps moment he experienced up to that point. (The look on his face after the closer was PRICELESS. They showed it in a documentary about 87 DCI finals that was either called “Step in Time” or “One night in August”.) Oh… and the drumline!!! Scary precise!

:worthy:

Edited by bradrick