The Average DCA Fan who goes to Finals

Been following this stuff for weeks now...........as have many. The answer is..........There is no answer. You all knew that right? It comes down to "PRIORITIES". You know what is best for you, as an individual or family, and DCA takes everything into account, we assume, the bigger picture and I'm sure values all your input! They've done a pretty good job so far and I'm sure they will make a decision based on the best outcome for our activity.

I think the response on this site is a great vehicle for input and should never change. No matter the decision for 2006 Finals.............100% will not agree.....AND I think that's O.K.........(it's a human nature Thingee........)

......gonna steal one from CRU...........WE GO ON!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what anyone else was talking about... but THIS is what I was talking about.  More shows in OTHER areas to build the activity.  THEN when that area is built move finals there. 

However, the minute you mention the words "move" and "Finals" in the same sentence people light their hair on fire. 

It's why the "Move finals somehwere" crowd has to be so rabid.  I have a feeling how matter how built up another region becomes, the notion of "moving finals" will be like rolling a 50 ton boulder up a hill.

Very interesting.

:rolleyes:

Very astute observation, Lisa.

As a long term veteran of the extended journeys to DCA, I know that many of us here have always just asked for opportunities to try and expand the market, but for most of those years, we were in an extremely small minority. It was always a one-shot deal to go to DCA, because of money, and a 'lack of interest' on the part of the established member corps to budget and spend the time and money to venture out of the regular circuit areas. NOT ANY MORE!

I know that over the last 5-10 years, the picture and substance of DCA as a whole has changed immensely, and then YOU guys came along!!

Face facts gang, the advent of the Renegades has thrown a new wrench into the idea of marketing All-age corps. They have obviously entered into this with a larger flair than the corps from the South, and have done a lot to 'expand the market'.

I don't have a problem continuing to go to the NE for Finals, but the idea of a survey at Scranton might give the powers that be a start to making this the type of circuit that can have a larger, more loyal fan base outside the regular DCA area. Information and feedback will always be critical to expanding any kind of business..

HAVING MORE SHOWS IN THE OTHER REGIONS - Abso-f'-in-lutely!!!

But please, it might be time for the older established corps to consider an effort to have one trip outside their home area to attend a new region show, thereby helping to connect the old with the new, and to lend credible evidence that DCA corps are just as entertaining as the DCI groups, and you can have fun too!

Sorry guys, I guess this rant is just another idealist from the heartland who continues to spend over a grand to have me, my wife and son go to DCA the last 4 years as spectators..because we love OUR corps, and we love THE ACTIVITY!!

Oh, by the way, I have never been to a DCI final, even when they have been in Madison or KC...So there!

Waiting with baited breath (especially since we're flying Northwest) for Scranton!!

Pat