Star of Indiana Anthology DVD

Position of power...Star Alumni...

Bad words in the same sentence, Mike.

KS

No ####,

Good luck with that Mike. Hey, anyone want to buy a gala pink t-shirt or original 1985 member jacket, catch me at DCA. Private auction.

Here's the highlight of the 1985 show ;)

closeup1985.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ####,

Good luck with that Mike.  Hey, anyone want to buy a gala pink t-shirt or original 1985 member jacket, catch me at DCA.  Private auction.

Here's the highlight of the 1985 show  ;)

What ever...get over yourself

Edited by Medeabrass

Yeah, I heard the same guy that wrote the liner notes wrote the OTL for the 1983 Cavaliers "Jade" 

~G~

And it was such a rousing success I haven't been allowed to compose for drum corps ever since and the corps took a 180 and turned symphonic the very next year. :)

Definitely worth it.  Check out 1987 (fun musical book, IMO),

the brass book from 1987 isn't just fun, though, it's #### good, too! Really listen to it sometime ... the hints of what Star was to become were already there.

Alright, I have only seen 2 star of Indiana productions ('91, '92) and I was wondering if the other productions are good enough to spend 40 dollars on. I want to buy the dvd, but I want to make sure it's worth it first.

anyone have some feedback (good or bad) on the shows?

~>conner

I bought the Anthology DVD at their reunion banquet.. and I have to say, this is one of my favorite DCI/drum corps media pieces. It's one of those ones I can just turn on and let it play.. I love every minute of it.

Stef

'87 is the horn book that makes most Star alums shudder.

Not the arranger of choice, nor the brass staff of choice. However, it's nice to know it resonated with the public anyway.

A short history, but an interesting one!

I would recommend to anyone trying to get things going in drum corps a quick listen to 85. That's what a crazy bunch of bandos and a few drum corps vets sound like when they're desperately trying to put something together. It's not always pretty (!), but ultimately it was effective...enough.

Why isn't Jimmer writing for anyone in the top 12 these days?

Carolina, call Thom or Dennis. You've spent a boatload on the "Donnieteam", but you're in desperate need of a drum staff. And you're not getting anywhere near the top 5 without one.

Sara, you go girl!

Later gang,

KS

I would buy it just so I could watch Dargason from 1989 over and over and over....

Hey, it's worth it if for nothing else than the liner notes! (By the way...if anyone is a position of power with Star alumni sees this, I never did receive my copy of the series.)

Mike

I am on it Mike. Will make a call tomorrow.