Grooviest Moment

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I ever saw the Bridgemen enter the field . That Corps lived and breathed the term " hip ", ..." cool "..." groovy". Nobody took the field for competition like they did.... NOBODY. Prior to them , Corps members marched onto  the field to take up their field formations. The Bridgemen ?  they had a Completely different entry onto the field.  Their entry was a  very defined and  very unique.....SWAGGER entrance. Right away...instantly....the audience knew that this Corps was definately" different ". Those who were around to see the Bridgemen know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm sure.

Thinking of one of many particularly groovy Bridgemen bits... Spanish Fantasy, that drum groove was the ####. DeLucia is the grooviest writer of all time.

Oh god enough already with the amp, woodwind, cadets, crown whatever sarcasm. They're really over used.

Edited by TommySopranoContra

The best park & blow of all time IMO is Madison's Malaguena in 1981. Just awesome.

A segment that didn't necessarily make you clap and scream, but just put a smile on your face and made you bop your head...something real "cool." 

Ok. I hope nobody flames me for this, but this was truly the first thing that came to mind based on your description of a "groovy" moment:

I really thought the Bluecoats drumspeak (whatever language that was) was cool. It contributed a nice effect and IMO it fit within the the texture of the music and added a cool touch. And I thought it was a groovy moment.

I hope we get to have Bluecoats DVDs this year...

i really don't think anyone grooves like BD grooves (except maybe madison)... i really loved BD's show last year (04) as far as grooves are concerned - they had a lot of rocking parts, especially the "power-train" segment at the end... as far as other shows are concerned, i think Madison 98's closer Remembrance had me bobbing my head the whole time - and Crossmen 03's Count Bubba - good stuff.