Carolina Gold

I think probably the most memorable part of finals night was the jam session in the parking lot. It was really awesome that so many of you came up to us and thanked us and really made us feel welcome into DCA. It really speaks volumes for both organizations. That's really what Drum Corps is supposed to be about. I LOVE GOLD!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thank Gold for catching us, "alliance" off guard at retreat with a surprising hello.. great support and friendship is the character of drum corps that some people tend to miss when consumed with themselves.

Duane DeWire- Program Director @ Alliance

To all of the members and of staff of Carolina Gold...great performances at both Prelims and Finals. You won me over big time!

To Danny Raymond Jr: Wow, you did an awesome job with that drum line. Dad was smiling down at you and telling everybody in heaven about his son!!!!

WOW - now THIS is an "Alliance" to beat all others. I must say that you guys impressed the heck out of us as well. WAY TO GO on your first season out...don't ever stop making history.

This was my final season with Gold (That's me in the front row of our pic together...minus my shoes...with my toes pointed a la guard-style), and Alliance will be a strong part of the weekend's memories when I reflect back on the first time Gold made finals. Thanks for the cheer that was such an incredible boost, and the picture that sums up why we do this activity.

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad that you will have such a good memory of 2005 and your final season. Of course I would have to say not to make this your final season because you are with an outstanding organization that is definately on their way up in DCA. Gold has a great staff and is filled with great Gold Members.... :P But if this is something that you have decided to do, I'm glad that Alliance helped make your last season such a memorable one. :)

In somewhat related news, this morning for breakfast I smoked a Swisher Sweet and washed it down with some Aunt Jemima Originals.... <santa>

I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOOOLD.

What a nice surprise to see this thread and the great responses. Thank you!

I just returned home late yesterday from a little vacation after DCA. I actually made a trip down to Wildwood, NJ., stayed at the motel my family used to when I was younger (Cavalier), and had my first beer (ok, two) at Kelly's! What a coincidence that DCI was on the night I decided to go to Wildwood. I also had to stop by Maxwell Field.

I want to thank everyone for their support this year, my first, with Carolina Gold. The friendships that were made, and the experience this year really made doing the drum corps worth while. Fran, it was a pleasure to finally meet the "Voice" of DCA. Both you and your wife are great people, and I look forward to hearing and seeing both of you in the future. Steve Williams, yes I do believe my Dad was with me and the corps on more than one occasion this season and his influence was definitely felt. Terry, Andy, and everyone at Alliance, congrats to all of you and thanks so much for your friendship and support. And to Gold, thank you all for such a great season! We all know the set backs we had to endure which is the reason why DCA weekend was that much sweeter. I'm looking forward to seeing ALL my friends in drum corps again next season.

A big congratulations to Gold. Who would have thought that 9 brass and 8 percussion performing 'We Will Rock You' and 'Bohemian Rhapsody' on stage in Syracuse in 2001 (ending our mini-corps performance in the dark) would turn into this.

You ladies and gentlemen have worked hard and truly deserve this. Was an overwhelming sense of pride and success to see the corps at DCA

Chris Green

co-founder Carolina Gold