Our Special Moment....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the recording is up on my FTP site if anyone wants it.

ftp.cyberefx.net

I will have GCS up on there tonight.

Warning, it's a 300 Mb wave file right now. It'll take a long time to download even with cable. It'll be formatted to mp3 soon.

Edited by MusicCityLegend

It was an honor and a pleasure to watch you guys perform your shows for us. Things like that remind us all why we do what we do. See you all next year...hopefully the Econolodge lets us all come back. :P

Warning, it's a 300 Mb wave file right now.  It'll take a long time to download even with cable.  It'll be formatted to mp3 soon.

Yep! Sorry I totally forgot that I needed to convert it to an MP3 format. It will be done tonight after I get home from work.

Sorry gang.

I think my favorite part of that performance was during "Precious Lord". I turned and showed someone my goosebumps and said, "####, they're Class A!". It just goes to show that Yoda was right...Size matters not!

Very nice arrangements on everything, but I REALLY liked the arrangement of "Oh, Happy Day".

I think my favorite part of that performance was during "Precious Lord". I turned and showed someone my goosebumps and said, "####, they're Class A!". It just goes to show that Yoda was right...Size matters not!

thanks to everyone involved for that special time we all shared in the lot at the econolodge. sometimes the most memorable moments come when we're not on the field.

i never would've thought that standing on a green box in a hotel parking lot would be the time that i will remember forever about the 05 season. all season long i had been tearing up when we'd play 'precious lord' - the song is amazing and the story behind it is just gut wrenching. the first time i teared up was at the church gig way back in the early spring. and then the first time i saw ali's dance solo during the song. as the season progressed the song became better muscially and emotionally. at prelims on saturday, i teared up (yet again) at the culmination of an amazing season (and seeing my girl dance her heart out and share my passion for drum corps with me). but it was the standstill on sunday that did it...

a season's worth of passion, put out by every member, in one final performance of our show music as a whole corps. it was all the memories at once: of the open house and so many new faces, of cold weather and then hot, of the church gig, of our field shows, of ali learning to do drum corps, of car rides and bus trips, of laughter and arguments, of life and love...it all came through in those 11 minutes in the parking lot as we performed our show.

after what transpired on saturday night, the meaning of 'precious lord' rang true as laurie played her solo and i sang the words to the song in my head. by the time the whole corps was playing full-out at the push, i couldn't help but let loose a season's worth of tears - of joy, desperation, pride, relief, amazement, sadness at the kiltie's loss, and sheer elation at mcl's accomplishment and what i was feeling at that moment. i don't know if our performance was that amazing as the entirety of the season came out of my heart, hands, and tear-ducts, but it was all i could do to keep on conducting and not break down completely.

thank you to all who were there in the parking lot. it is a moment that will live in my heart forever.

-m