World Open Trivia

Wasn't that the corps from Michigan?  I saw once they scored a 12 at a show.

No....Iron Cross was the Crossmen feeder program

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't that the corps from Michigan?  I saw once they scored a 12 at a show.

Iron Brigade from Detroit. They competed in the US Open in 1973 and took 39th with a 48.60

What corps was on their way home and they discovered there was an error in addtion, and they should be in the finals?  Traveled back and marched that evening.

Who was that corps?

CODI

Hmmmmm don't know that one.

Queensmen from Kenosha, WI

They beat the Muchachos to take 10th place in 1968 US Open

It's a guess, I have no clue!

Give me a clue...year, championship show, etc.

Hmmmmm don't know that one.

"World Open Revisited":

The corps that discovered that they were actually IN the Wolrd Open Finals show was the old Connecticut Royal Lancers. This happened at the 1963 WO Preliminaries. The corps had departed the Roosevelt Stadium after prelims and went back home to Bridgeport Connecticut thinking they were in eleventh place..

The "Legend" says that they actually stayed together to practice that evening and were told then that they had made the night show.

They proceeded to travel back to New Jersey, compteted in Finals, where they placed 10th.

This, (The 1963 WO Prelims) believe it or not, was the first contest in which the Royal Lancers had ever competed. They had made the Finals of a National Championship contest. I believe there is a "record" of some sort here.....

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

"World Open Revisited":

The corps that discovered that they were actually IN the Wolrd Open Finals show was the old Connecticut Royal Lancers. This happened at the 1963 WO Preliminaries. The corps had departed the Roosevelt Stadium after prelims and went back home to Bridgeport Connecticut thinking they were in eleventh place..

The "Legend" says that they actually stayed together to practice that evening and were told then that they had made the night show.

They proceeded to travel back to New Jersey, compteted in Finals, where they placed 10th.

This, (The 1963 WO Prelims) believe it or not, was the first contest in which the Royal Lancers had ever competed. They had made the Finals of a National Championship contest. I believe there is a "record" of some sort here.....

Elphaba

[/quote

You are correct with the Conn. Royal Lancers. They had just started to compete in early May of that year. They performed at the National Dream Contest in August, and put on a nice show.

Now who was the corps they knocked out of the finals?

Do you know TX? I am sure you do, you know everything about drum and bugle corps, I'm sorry in your case drum and trumpet corps.

CODI

Edited by CODI

Now who was the corps they knocked out of the finals?

Do you know TX? I am sure you do, you know everything about drum and bugle corps, I'm sorry in your case drum and trumpet corps.

St. Rocco's from Brooklyn, NY I believe the Lancers beat them by .1.

Blessed Sac won the first WO by beating Garfield and St. Kevin's by over 5 points.

CODI