Empire Statesmen Staff Announcement

trmdrum

The Empire Statesmen are thrilled to announce most of the design team for the upcoming 2006 season.

Assuming the responsibilites for the Percussion Arranging will be Colin McNutt. McNutt has instructed and arranged for the Star of Indiana Drum and Bugle Corps, and the popular stage production, Blast! He has also written for and instructed the Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps the Glassmen Drum and Bugle Corps and Magic of Orlando. Colin has served on the faculty of the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, where he is an alumnus and received degrees in Classics and Music Education. Currently, he is percussion arranger and caption head for the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps from Madison, WI. We welcome Colin to the Statesmen Family.

Taking over the role of Brass Arranger will be Jerry Kelsey. Kelsey is no stranger to the Statesmen Organization as he was involved with the Corps as an instructor and arranger from 1997-2000. Jerry has been active in the drum corps community for thirty years working with the likes of Suncoast Sound, Crossmen, and Florida Wave just to name a few. Through his business: Custom Arranging Services, he is an arranger/composer for many high school marching bands all across the United States. Currently Jerry also works with the Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps and the Racine Kilties Senior Drum and Bugle Corps.

Returning for his 6th season as the Visual Designer for the Statesmen is Mr. Jamey Thompson. Jamey, who has written the drill for numerous top-notch drum corps shows over the past several years (Glassmen Drum & Bugle Corps from 1997 to 2002 and the Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps in 2003 and 2004), currently holds the position of drill designer for Phantom Regiment. Jamey has been involved in the activity as a marching member, designer or adjudicator for more than 20 years. He currently writes for high school marching bands in Indiana, Ohio, Arizona, Texas, Florida and Georgia.

Check back for more exciting information on the remainder of the design team, staff, and show announcements. You won't want to miss it!

Empire Statesmen 2006

Experience the Excitement!

Teddy Mascari

Empire Statesmen Recruiting Director

Percussion Staff

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tres Cool!

Tres Cool!

Hey! that's MY line!

SWEET!!!!! :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Hope to see you all there!! Especially Dale and Tammy  :huh:  :P  :ph34r:  B)  b**bs

Sean,

Are you now an official member of the "Make Sure Dale and Tammy Come Back" committee?

It'll be great to see my fellow Statesmen in November! Especially Spam and Heather!

Can't wait to see Jerry Kelsey once again too!

OT... Spam... that's still my Dad behind you!!! I love it!!! lol

back to your regularly scheduled programming...

"Make sure Dale and Tammy committee" ... ...

OF COURSE!!!! Sounds great to me?!? Would you guys like some company coming up from that way? I am trying to see if I can find anyone if you would like a passanger(s).

This staff sounds awesome... I cant wait to jump in the line and start playing the book on my new horn! This year is gonna rock!

OT - Yes Heather, its your dad!! We are waiting for our pictures to get developed so we can have one up there with both us in our Statesmen uniforms :wub::huh: Hope you march this summer, wasnt the same without talking to you at shows :wub:

:huh: Statesmen 06 :wub:

Sean,

Are you now an official member of the "Make Sure Dale and Tammy Come Back" committee?

It'll be great to see my fellow Statesmen in November! Especially Spam and Heather!

Can't wait to see Jerry Kelsey once again too!

Dale,

Please add the recruiting director on as your agent for the committee!!!!

CYA soon!