Newfane Marching Statesmen (!!) - played bass drum

Albion Knight Watch

whaaaA?????

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Keith,

Long time no see.  Born and raised in Orleans County.

Mike Covell,

Albion Grenadiers

USAF Drum Corps - Lackland

Newfane Marching Statesmen (!!) - played bass drum

Rochester Phoenix

Albion Knight Watch

Hamlin Brassmen

Rochester Crusaders

Mighty St. Joes

Ghost Riders

Newfane had a drum corps? I taught there for a year...worst place to ever teach music.

WNY is Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Allegheny, Erie, Niagara, Orleans, Genesee and Wyoming counties there Gary :)

Hopefully this is my last year in Chautauqua County....

I knew I could count on my FAVORITE student ever!!! Thank you Danielle! I still talk about you to my students...taking lessons, working hard and making it into Fredonia. You should come down here, plenty of teaching jobs between Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota Counties.

And Gary, I love Rochester, played my best music there with Crusaders and teaching Patriots BUT I was also in The Power Company at their height, Man that was some fun!

I could never forget the Greece Cadets

Newfane had a drum corps?  I taught there for a year...worst place to ever teach music.

Couldn't agree more. In 1974, a friend of mine from the Albion Grenadiers, Grant Downey, asked me if I'd like to help him start a fledgling drum corps in Newfane. In the end, what we ended up with was a drum and color guard unit. I've never seen a place so hostile to music in any form.

Albion Knight Watch

whaaaA?????

Yep, it's true. The Knight Watch was a pretty good little parade corps from about 1980 to about 1985. Size-wise, it probably would be able to compete in mini-corps (although it sure wouldn't have won it). Had a reeeeeeal credible snare line though, with the Parker brothers and Dan Cole. No great contender, but a lot of fun nonetheless.

hey Mike C. hello old friend... miss you

Donny, technically, according to New York State, Rochester is part of the finger lakes region...

lol

I'm from Erie County!

oops..............the OTHER Erie County!

I may live in erie,pa but spam and i march with the empire statesmen.

I knew I could count on my FAVORITE student ever!!!  Thank you Danielle!  I still talk about you to my students...taking lessons, working hard and making it into Fredonia.  You should come down here, plenty of teaching jobs between Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota Counties.

And Gary,  I love Rochester, played my best music there with Crusaders and teaching Patriots BUT I was also in The Power Company at their height, Man that was some fun!

I could never forget the Greece Cadets

thats right! I cant believe you finally remembered......but then again..... :worthy: