Kind of Interesting in NY

I don't think anyone lives in 'cuse, not even members of the Brigadiers, so I guess that means Rochester is upstate. :)

What difference does that make to the topic though? Whether you consider "west New York" or "upstate New York", or just plain "New York State", there are still way more corps in DCA than DCI, which is what the original topic was about.

I believe there was a junior corps called the Patriots, wasn't there? They are/were from west upstate New York (Rochester). There is also a junior Div 2 corps called Quest from Brooklyn NY, in addition to the already mentioned Div 3 corps Cadets of NYC.

If you only consider competitive senior field corps, there are 6, and soon to be 7, and if you add alumni corps there are another 4 at least.

Okay everyone...relax!! Western NY consists of Niagara, Erie, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Wyoming, Orleans counties, I may have missed one or two but I do know that Monroe county IS NOT part of Western NY. Although I am from Niagara County I loved Rochester more than Buffalo. Playing the East End Fest with Power Company was so great, right next to the Eastman Theater. Thousands of people dancing and clapping...WOW, that was great!!!

Two great Sr. Corps from Rochester too. Not one Junior or Sr. corps in the Western NY area. So "I'd Rather Be In Rochester"

I remember being stationed at Seneca Army Depot, watching Rochester TV and hearing that commercial for being in Rochester. Plus, the first time I saw Watkins Glen Squires playing the National Anthem at 3 in the morning was soooooo cool!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is going nowhere fast......

Until there is an exact purpose of this thread DC related its taking a break.

Geography class can continue in OT if you like.