Div II/III Tour Shows

ripper

Looking for feedback on the shows that your corps attended this past summer while on the Div II/III tour. Be nice to the Tour Event Partners :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester was a good show I thought, nice location (except fo the 15 minute waklk from the warmup area to the gate. They had free water for everyone coming off the field too.

A highlight of the summer for me was that Brandt Crocker was working the gate on Sunday, and he did "On the field, from Santa Clara California..." for me. :D

Van Buren: Well run show, great crowd.

Jackson: Excellent facility. Plenty of parking for corps.

Newnan: Needed to advertise the show a little more.

Hilton Head Island: see Newnan.

Bridgeport: Sponsor support was unbelievable, with folks with the corps almost all the time to help out. Solved practice field issues very efficiently. Loved the stadium and the exhibition by Park City Pride.

Manchester: Great field. Really awesome crowd. Souvie area was not so great.

Brockton: Good parking. Very nice stadium. Appreciated the instant replay of the show on DVD for the members. Crowd for prelims was depressing. Finals was much larger, but not very enthusiastic. Housing was way too far away (2+ hour drive).

Van Buren:  Well run show, great crowd.

My hometown. :)

I also thought it was pretty cool how instead of handling out something like plaques to the participating corps, they gave each corps a 5 gallon water cooler - I know ours came in handy for the rest of tour.

Pittsfield - the baseball field. While I was kind of upset about the field being so far away from the actual stands, that encore right on the home plate was quite possibly the most fun I've ever had.

Edited by Carl306

There should definitely be more shows around Pittsfield, because the crowd there was huge and beyond enthusiastic.

I agree that Van Buren was an awesome show and the crowd was absolutely amazing.

We weren't there this season, but last season ('04) was . . . well, our housing site, the stadium, the people. It was all wonderful!!!! Made me want to move there (drum corps has dangerously exposed me in that way: I want to move to Denver, CO; to Nashua, NH; to Montclair, NJ . . .)

We weren't there this season, but last season ('04) was . . . well, our housing site, the stadium, the people.  It was all wonderful!!!!  Made me want to move there (drum corps has dangerously exposed me in that way: I want to move to Denver, CO; to Nashua, NH; to Montclair, NJ . . .)

Trust me, you don't want to move to VB! lol

Surf's Up & Git 'R Done! B)

i thought the Blue Stars home show was pretty cool. awesome awesome awesome audience. wow. :blush: