Crossmen 06!

dci87

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I think the Crossmen should try a tune called "Birdland".  I think it will fit their style and be a good vehicle for success either as a closer or an opener.  Good luck Crossmen...and if you use my idea I would like a little credit.

Sarcasm.....it's such a difficult skill to master over the computer......i got it......others did too......

I think crossmen should just play the '92 show every year........i know i'd love it!

they did Birdland in '96, '97, and 2000.

I think Crossmen should play Chuck Mangione(sp) again.

~>conner

They also put in blurbs of Birdland in '03 and '04. Mangione would make a great show and the corps only played The Land of Make Believe, so there are still plenty of charts to play.

I'm all for more Metheny, but I'm not sure they should re-do any of the charts they've already done. There's plenty of material from Speaking of Now and The Way Up which would arrange pretty well. I don't think we need another version of Third Wind.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a Don Ellis show. No Strawberry Soup though.

And please, no Birdland. There are plenty of ways Crossmen can be "The Crossmen" without rehashing old charts. Just my $.02.

You know, I think the Crossmen should try a tune called "Birdland".  I think it will fit their style and be a good vehicle for success either as a closer or an opener.  Good luck Crossmen...and if you use my idea I would like a little credit.

You know, I think that was a lame joke.

Sarcasm.....it's such a difficult skill to master over the computer......i got it......others did too......

I think crossmen should just play the '92 show every year........i know i'd love it!

I also got the sarcasm and it made me chuckle... Crossmen have dipped into the Birdland well enough times. I'm not sure but they might have played it more times that Scouts have played Malguena! :P

I disagree with you request for a redo of 1992 (although I recognize it too was probably said in jest). It's a perfect show and cannot be recreated... my all time favorite Crossemn show.

I think it is time for Chick Corea's "The Mad Hatter"

A programmatic "Alice in Wonderland" show could swing...fit the sheets and the corps.