Which Corps will break top 4?

I think Bluecoats have the best chance of breaking top 4. Their shows have been consistently getting better and better every year since 99.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiousity, does "not top 4" refer to each of the seperate entities, or the whole? The drumline beat every single drumline in DCI at least once; specifically the Cadets, several times. The only one I'm not positive about is Phantom, and I'm pretty sure we at least tied them once. We beat every corps in brass at least once (again, Cadets several times.....and BD, consistantly), except for whatever reason the Cavies.....and I think we tied them. Just thought I'd clarify that.

so what.

cadets should have gottena 10 at finals . that is when it counts

Bluecoats have a good drum line top 5.

thy are good just a notch below the other 4 corps and will be passed by SCV in 2006.

Please do not flatter yourself :laugh: My post was not made in direct response to yours, but in response to many in the thread (so, in part, perhaps yours, btu not in whole).

hah, ok

What makes you think BD was NOT just more than an "off" year?

Oh, I dunno, maybe BD's track record is a good way to measure them...sounds crazy, I know! :laugh:

Madison was a year after year top 5 corps, as was Phantom.

They have not been nearly as consistent year to year as BD. :laugh: Check corpsreps.com if you need proof.

Phantom has had to regain that status, and Madison is trying. Because I refuse to dismiss the possibility that other corps can and will break in I'm something to be laughed at?

Oh geeze, what are you talking about now? Dont put words in my mouth. I found your post about your "status quo" consipiracy theory funny and everyones apparent need to keep the top 4 as is, funny. Not this stuff (see quote)

What a bleak and boring picture indeed. I'll keep thinking others can do it thanks. When it happens, I promise I won't say "told you so".

Uh, ok....read again please....show me where I said the corps out of the top 4 can't succeed higher and I'll let you say "I told you so" to me allllll you want!

Wow. This made me laugh too!

b**bs

but annnyyways......to remain partially on topic, corps that are on the cusp of breaking into the territory of the top 4 are still lacking just a little bit in show design, performance scores, and GE to get any higher. So, do those things better!

Edited by ZSDAvenger

I would say NONE.

crown - show never difficuly enough.

Please, if you could, listen to the Crown music ensemble sometime. Unlike other corps, they may not try to play a million notes as fast as they can. But is that what making music is all about? For the last 3 years, and especially this past year, Crown has simply overwhelmed the audience with musical style and musicianship, every note having a specific style, shape, and purpose; every phrase having direction and meaning. Crown is one of the few groups out there making good music; do not underestimate that!

whatever .

the poster is right.

should have held onto drill writer from 2005..

sometimes the search for names does not always bring the chemisty you need.

LL

I don't get the impression that they got rid of Pete

to aquire Mr. Rosander.

Edited by madalumni

so what.

cadets should have gottena 10 at finals . that is when it counts

Bluecoats have a good drum line top 5.

thy are good just a notch below the other 4 corps and will be passed by SCV in 2006.

"so what"? the fact that the bluecoats took every other group in those captions mentioned above means that at those points in the season, the bluecoats had better ___ than Cadets, cavies, BD.... nobody here is saying that bluecoats should have taken high percussion or high brass... i think all would agree they had a well deserved placement come finals--- but tell a member of the 2005 madison scouts that finals night is the only thing that "counts" from this past year and see what they say. While the bluecoats took it big in the (very) end, madison had an AMAZING season with many very respectable placements throuout... not saying that fact is more important than the final score, but what i AM saying is that general scores and trends throughout the season are MORE than 0% of the factors to consider when discussing 2005 as a whole which seems to be your position...

if the bluecoats were getting two pointed by cavies, cadets, and BD in the brass and percussion subcaptions throughout the season, and then pulled out the scores they got come finals, it would be a different picture entirely than the factual one of the bluecoats being CONSISTENTLY competitive with the top 3 in various captions...

Please, if you could, listen to the Crown music ensemble sometime. Unlike other corps, they may not try to play a million notes as fast as they can. But is that what making music is all about? For the last 3 years, and especially this past year, Crown has simply overwhelmed the audience with musical style and musicianship, every note having a specific style, shape, and purpose; every phrase having direction and meaning. Crown is one of the few groups out there making good music; do not underestimate that!

This is very true and I agree. In 2001 Bluecoats we didn't have a million notes but it was a great year for the hornline. If you have a show that is stylistically challenging and you pull it off darn near perfect, you get rewarded for it.

I really enjoyed Crown at finals this year.