UMI/Benge Mello 6 mouthpiece

Skippay

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but they're out of stock until late October

psst, It's already October.

It's a custom piece regardless of where you get it. So it'll have to be ordered from somewhere regardless. And take about 2 weeks minimum to get ahold of it.

You might get lucky if you call around to your local music stores. Although it's not likely. Most probably wont even know what you're talking about should you mention a mellophone mouthpiece.

I actually have a UMI M6 on order from wwbw at the moment. I think the last word was Oct. 16th as the expected in stock date. Oct 19th according to the site. But I'm still waiting on my "in stock" Schilke 59 I ordered over a week ago from the same place.

Shadow_7

I do have a Bach Mello 6. And I'm near Austin if you're desperate. It has the wrong shank for most mellos. But it's one freaking loud piece on mellophone. You've just got to build up the shank with some electrical tape. It does pretty well on my Rexcraft bugle too. But also needs the beefed up shank for it.

Try www.mouthpieceexpress.com.

music123.com

It looks like wwbw just upped their expectation date to 11/3, aka early november. And that's on the one I ordered from there in mid september. I might not even have mine by open house. It was 10/19 on the site, and 10/16 according to order email updates. Now it's 11/3 via same email updates on my 9/23 order. Sure hope you didn't go that route.

Shadow_7

I seem to remember that same thing happening on one of my mouthpiece orders from wwbw - a couple of times in a row. It never happened on any other orders, just the mouthpiece. It never happened with mouthpieceexpress or anywhere else I've used.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my order on 9/23 is finally being filled. I have a tracking number as of 10/21 for my UMI M6. Of course FedEx hasn't picked it up from there yet, and I'm projected to have it Weds 10/26. One week later than the original On Order date, but two weeks before the adjusted On Order date, it ships. Of course by the time I get it, it would have been almost five weeks from the date I ordered and paid for it.

In the usual, although not unexpected at this point, fashion:

Oct 21, 2005 --- 9:02 PM --- Package data transmitted to FedEx

Oct 24, 2005 --- 12:48 PM --- Picked up --- MISHAWAKA, IN

------------------ 2:51 PM --- Arrived at FedEx location --- CHICAGO, IL

Which places final delivery on Thursday(10/27), if not later. Hopefully the UMI M6 was worth the wait. Not that I technically intend to use it for a while anyway. The M6 does seem to do pretty well on my Rexcraft bugle. It slots better than the flugel 3C I have.