Favorite Div 2 Show in 05

because Key's music all sounds the same to me.

Go you guys!

He's a great composer, but it's true. Alot of the music if dark, which I really like, and alot of the same ryhythm patterns in all his writing. It also seemed like he takes melodic lines from well known pieces and make them his own. Like Spartans 04, I swear it was based on the theme from Bacchonale. But let anyone tell it, it was nothing like it. oh well. But all the corps who've performed his music add their little touches that put them off the top.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting with baited breath for my dvd! I'll let you know my opinion when I get it.

i didnt get a chance to seriously watch a lot of div2-3, but i have to say that i loved a couple moments of the spartans' ballad that i heard a few times, with a descending bassline in the contras and other low brass (i think). it was gorgeous. i also though taipei yuefu's (sp?) guard was amazing from warmups, although i never saw their show :-(.

OREGON CRUSADERS!

I heard them on the way down to the field in Manchester. Such a cool show, great concept. The hornline sounded fantastic. Can't wait to get my DVD so I can actually see all of the shows.

I got to hear the Spartans warm up at Finals. They are truly amazing. OC had a kickin' brassline too! So many good shows this year...the competition in Div II this year I thought was more exciting than previous years from both a performer and fan view point. Never got to see Blue Stars but guess I'll also have to wait for the dvd...anywho thats my 2 cents...

I'd like to extend a congrats to all the Div II & III corps from this

past summer. The size of the corps and dedication to their respective

programs was well noted! Although there were a handful of

groups that were, sadly, not active this past year; it should be

mentioned that Div II & III was alive and kicking!

Great job to all the corps! No matter what Division your corps

is in for 2006, stick with your organization and help it to continue

on with individual success!