D1 Quarterfinalist or D2 Finalist

Which would you rather be?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Knowing 100% that you'd be one or the other at the end of the season, which would you pick?

• D2 Finalist
    • D1 Quarterfinalist

There are way to many factors that would cause someone to choose to stay in D2 as opposed to D1, too many to list. Doesn't always have to do with placements...not everyone is in this activity to "win".

I would gladly pick a Div. II Grand Finalist spot with my current corps over a Div. I Quarterfinalist spot with another corps any day. Started my drum corps career in a Div. II and I'll age out there as well. :)

Even though I'm impressed year in and year out with the Div II finalists (Blue Stars especially), I think the performance level in the Div I quarterfinalists has increased dramatically; Magic, Pioneer, Pacific Crest, and Esperanza in particular. If you compare these corps to the quarterfinalists just four years ago, there would be no contest.

edit: spelling

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar

Even though I'm impressed year in and year out with the Div II finalists (Blue Stars especially), I think the performance level in the Div I quarterfinalists has increased dramatically; Magic, Pioneer, Pacific Crest, and Esperanza in particular. If you compare these corps to the quarterfinalists just four years ago, there would be no contest.

YOU ROCK! :worthy:

Very much agreed.

It not so much abotu placement and medals.

Div 2/3 can change at any given point in the season. A corps can start the season with a 40 and end the season with a 70(CNYC). You would never find a DIV corps pulling off a 30 point gain in one season. And the placement from year to year is always different. It would be even better if we can keep corps active, but that's something we can't control.