Best Uniforms

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?!

Edited by SBrancheau

I guess what I MEANT to say (in the interest of clarity here) is that my definition of a guard uniform is apparel that looks something like what the corps is wearing...in style, color, cut and appearance.

Having said that, most of what's being fielded nowadays is simply a costume...either to echo the theme of the show or just as a contrast to the corps.

That'll probably make more sense.

Carry on...

Gee Sally, I'm hurt that nobody here mentioned the (pre DCI) Racine Kilties (severe bias here!) - since you're "mad for the plaid" - I always thought our guard was pretty darn good looking AND good, solid executioners of guard routines in the classic sense!

But then, I'm old............a relic.............a dinosaur from another era...........

Rob, dearest:

It's a GIVEN that the Kilties be on the guard "best dressed" list!

• 3 weeks later...
I know I'm very bad, but I had to say it....I couldn't help that I had only gained 6 pounds since 1980....

LOL! I salute you. I've gained--and lost--waaaay more than that since then.

ya know, i USED TO like her <_<

:P

honestly - congrats - i wish i could say that :huh:

I always have loved SCVs '87 guard uniform. It was totaly feminine and yet fit in with the rest of the Corps. I always thought that I was born too soon and would have loved to be in SCV in '87. Not only for the uniforms but for the flag work and the dance moves that weren't overdone then.

No question either...Kilties. Sigh...such cute knees. :huh:

Edited by MsBusDriver

Someone mentioned, in an earlier post, that yesterday's guard uniforms lent a certain tough but classy look to the guard. I think that's what I miss most about modern costumes, and the guards themselves -- they've lost that aura of toughness, of presence, of command. All the chiffon, leotards, body suits, leaping, running, smiling, emoting that we see today don't do half as much for me as watching old tapes of 27's rifle line in their busby hats and red jackets, leading the corps across the field in the final push of "Danny Boy," or the Trooper girls, in their long skirts and boots, snapping a salute to the American flag at the end of "Battle Hymn." Guards like that, in uniforms of that calibre, commanded respect and attention.

Someone mentioned, in an earlier post, that yesterday's guard uniforms lent a certain tough but classy look to the guard.  I think that's what I miss most about modern costumes, and the guards themselves -- they've lost that aura of toughness, of presence, of command.  All the chiffon, leotards, body suits, leaping, running, smiling, emoting that we see today don't do half as much for me as watching old tapes of 27's rifle line in their busby hats and red jackets, leading the corps across the field in the final push of "Danny Boy," or the Trooper girls, in their long skirts and boots, snapping a salute to the American flag at the end of "Battle Hymn."  Guards like that, in uniforms of that calibre, commanded respect and attention.

nodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnods

VIGOROUSLY!