corps moving to division 2?

are there any corps that were in division 3 this past year, that have intentions of having enough numbers to move into division 2? Corps that come to mind are Revolution, Raiders, maybe Yamato?

Any word yet?

~>conner

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I think Revo is the prime candidate to move up.

I would also like to see Raiders have enough numbers to be in the upper limits of division 3, maybe enough of division 2... if that's what they want, that is.

~>conner

maybe Yamato?

Any word yet?

~>conner

nope, ain't gonna happen... at least not this year

I talked to the director of Revolution at the Chicago DCI meetings. He didn't say, but he hinted, like for a lot of corps, it will probably depend on the camp turnout.

Lots of corps will look at whether it is worth moving up to Div II with only 80 or 90 when at 79 you can compete in Div III. But if your goal is to move up, you have to do it sometime.

I think the Raiders stated they were staying in Div III, -- but if they could march 100 or more they may change their minds.

I know we have planned to stay for several years in Div. III. We have purchased enough equipment to field a corps of 70+. More than 80 would take a considerable investment beyond what we have done already.

But one never knows if you get 120 kids who want to march :o :o

I am certain after the first few camps, we will hear more from the various Div III corps.

Jim

it looks like I answered my own question about the Raiders.

I sent in a member registration thing (I've done it with 2 corps) and the email says they plan to have a 75-90 member corps. It looks like they will be on the line for division.

~>conner

I dont mean to be cynical but div II and III have been getting thinner and thinner, and without trying to put to fine a point on it I see the best moving up and not much slack being picked up. Anyone but me concerned for the future of the two, specifically III if more move up to two?

you dont think that citations is good enough?!

i think they are doing well enough to be top competors in Div III next year or the year after... they are starting to grow in size and talent...

That is absolutely the most reasonable way to interpret my post...no seriously /sarcasm.