2006 Sr. Anniversary corps

Hey All,

First up, a few responses....

J.C.....Your a gentleman and a scholar and there are very few of us left....IOU 1/2 pitcher of foamy beer....

Mike...Yes, 35yr count...answer to quiz-Cabs...Send me a case of Bud "wiser" to Pgh....

Shelly.."Yunz" get extra credit...say "Hello" to dad for me....I'll be up to play in Nov/Dec....

Sam...1/2 credit for being on the west (left) coast and 1/2 credit when you send 2 pitchers of beer...I know, Dream-on....

Jeff...Congrats to Westshoremen and a Bonnie Scots to "Ya" and all the Wormsleysburgers....

Sean...Happy B' day....No more "F" troop and thanks again for 1986....

Add note****I think Hurcs won a DCA championship on their anniversary @ Franklin Field..??..??

Adios....Bye....Aye...( I think I played Adios in 1968/69 but can't remember for sure) Olde Phartes memory loss....

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Extraordinaire

Friend of SlyCooley1

PADCHOF

John G

Perhaps not as impressive in longevity as some of the other fine corps mentioned above but the Mass Brass celebrates its' 5TH anniversary in 2006!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!

(I know, I know but all you 50-60-70 year plus corps had to pass the 5 year milestone once, too! :P :huh:)

Wow, this could be the year.....I'm sure I will miss someone so, forgive me....

70 years-----Kilties

I predict this corps will make the top 10 corps @ DCA championships in Rochester.....2006

60 years-----Hawthorne Cabs

I predict this famous corps will be in the top 5 corps @ DCA championships in Rochester.....2006

60 years-----Minnesota Brass (MBI)

I predict this corps will finish within the top 5 corps @ DCA championships in Rochester.....2006

50 years-----Erie Thunderbirds

I predict this corps will be on fire thru-out the alumni circuit and be in the running for the Mini Corps @ DCA championships in Rochester.....2006

Just some ramblings from an Olde Pharte during a slow DCP news period.....

P.S.---Didn't a corps/or two win DCA on one of their anniversary years??????

Pgh Guy Bari 2

Friend of SlyCooley1

PADCHOF

John G

One you forgot:

40 years -- Bridgemen (they are an alumni corps now so that is why I put them here)

Well, if you want to be nit-picky, ALL champion corps have won on some sort of anniversary. 26th, 13th, 7th, etc. etc. etc...

:D

One you forgot:

40 years -- Bridgemen (they are an alumni corps now so that is why I put them here)

I have a question, and my intent is NOT to start trouble, or deflate anyone's excitement but.......

Is it really accurate to be celebrating an anniversary if you were absent for X amount of years?

If a married couple divorced after 25 years, then 5 years later remarried.

Then the following year would they be celebrating 30 years of marriage or 26 years of marriage?

I have a question, and my intent is NOT to start trouble, or deflate anyone's excitement but.......

Is it really accurate to be celebrating an anniversary if you were absent for X amount of years?

If a married couple divorced after 25 years, then 5 years later remarried.

Then the following year would they be celebrating 30 years of marriage or 26 years of marriage?

Its the 40th anniversary of their inaugural season. kilties were Inactive from 77? until sometime in the early 90's too but they are celebrating the 70 years since their inception. Or did I screw that all up? I'm so confused :unsure: