2006 Sacramento Freelancers

Or, just join RCR!

b**bs

Sounds good to me. b**bs

Sac is here, we're just a little older now.

Check out our '06 show, then as the man said "Come on down!!" b**bs b**bs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate. 92 was my age out year. I for one liked our show that year!

I may have come across more negative than I meant to. It was a still a good show by all means, I just thought the pace was slower and it was less intense than the other shows. I didn't think it compared to '91, or the other preceeding years. (Plus, the opening tympani made me grimace immediately.) You still marched in a huge number of incredible shows and I'm still amazed by all of them.

Edited by Jared_mello

What does John Zimny do now by the way?

I believe he is the head of the music department at Folsom High School outside of Sacramento. They have a national award winning jazz ensemble.

What does John Zimny do now by the way?

John teaches two jazz bands at Folsom Middle School; is the brass arranger for the Air Force Academy and the brass caption head/arranger/program coordinator for the Chicago Royal-Airs.

Any intention on ever returning to junior corps, you think?

Any intention on ever returning to junior corps, you think?

Doubtful from what I've heard.

Intentions, yes! Financially, will never happen under the current management. bingo took a huge hit several years ago the bills piled up. The orginization has never quite recovered and has sold off a lot of the equipment. It would take new buses, trucks, food trucks, horns, etc to get things up and running (basically strating from scratch). My guess is, if someone took over the management from its current state, a comeback would be possible. But that person(s) has yet to step forward.

I know that back in 2001 there was some talk that Tom Hope was looking into a new set of 140 uniforms based on the old Freelancers design, so something was up, but whatever came of that will never be known.

My guess is, the Freelancers will remain WGI and not be seen back in the DCI ranks for a long while, if ever.