Google Adds up above

bd5times

AdSense is a "Pay Per Click" sort of deal. We had it in our news articles for the longest time, and had pre-paid ads in the forums. Depending on the amount of clicks, PPC's can generate more money for the site, and that's a good thing. :)

Mike

You'll want to take up with George. :)

I did and he hasn't written me back.

AdSense is a "Pay Per Click" sort of deal. We had it in our news articles for the longest time, and had pre-paid ads in the forums. Depending on the amount of clicks, PPC's can generate more money for the site, and that's a good thing. :)

Mike

I didn't say it was a bad thing but it sure would've been nice to have been notified instead of staff telling me I need to update my adware, when that is perfectly fine. Now that I know the truth.

there are no "pop-up" ads associated with DCP

the google click ads represents one of the only ongoing sources of income for DCP at this time

If you would like to donate the $400 a month the click ads are generating - let me know and I'll remove them :)

That said - they don't come close to covering the costs associated with DCP - we still run at a substantial deficit each month

I didn't say it was a bad thing but it sure would've been nice to have been notified instead of staff telling me I need to update my adware, when that is perfectly fine. Now that I know the truth.

To be fair, you announced that you were getting pop-up ads and wanted to know why. Since there are no pop-up ads happening, we gave you an answer and some direction since none of us were getting pop-up ads along with you.

Now that we understand the "true" problem you were having, we told you "the truth." We would have told you 'the truth' to start with.. that the ads you're seeing are embedded.. had it been clear to us that was what you were referring to. Your pop-up blocker has no effect on embedded advertising.

Hope that helps.

Stef