Clarification of changes.

Input is always accepted Lisa, but no, the users do not have to be consulted for any changes.

And, when said moderator receives 2 PMs from a user blasting him and basically being inconsiderate, you can believe that moderator might be a touch short with said user, donor or not.

My complaint was that a moderator used his position as a moderator to give his personal opinion of a post whilst closing it. I felt that was unprofessional behavior. I did not personally attack the moderator ina nd of HIMSELF. I suggested that his behavior was unprofessional. (incidentallyk other moderators agreed.) The response I got from this soooper professional moderator: "If you don't like it, leave. You won't see me losing any sleep over it."

Super cool professionalism.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if its a discussion? :P

Is it an off-topic, or on-topic discussion? :P

Input is always accepted Lisa, but no, the users do not have to be consulted for any changes.

Of course you don't HAVE to consult us for any changes but having a discussion about any "proposed" changes couldn't hurt. The fewer people you have working on something creates "Group Think" and solutions are developed in a vacuum. Having input from us could have helped develop a better solution.

Just a suggestion. :)

You have no idea what went on regarding the changes made.

None of you do.

Did you actually think we woke up yesterday and just said "Lets see how we can screw with users?"

Please.

I think my problem is that there was little disscussion at all. I mean everytime someone was trying to say anything and actual conversation was getting started it would get closed or moved to where people didn't see the topic!!!!

Of course you don't HAVE to consult us for any changes but having a discussion about any "proposed" changes couldn't hurt. The fewer people you have working on something creates "Group Think" and solutions are developed in a vacuum. Having input from us could have helped develop a better solution.

Just a suggestion. :)

As I tried to say yesterday, EVERYTHING that was mentioned yesterday was indeed "food for thought". Some didn't think so because changes weren't made within 5 min, and then assumed they were being ignored, which was NOT the case.

Taking input from yesterday did in fact create resolution. :)

None of you do.

Did you actually think we woke up yesterday and just said "Lets see how we can screw with users?"

Please.

Of course we don't think that. And of course we have no idea because we weren't informed. But posting a thread asking for suggestions on the proposed change would have prompted a healthy discusstion. Because most of the discussion was "behind the scenes" it feels like the typical user of this forum wasn't even included - feels like you got a few complaints and decided to make some changes.

None of you do.

Please.

YES.. LOL .. Just kidding..

WOw looks like the wheels are starting to come off.

OK I figured out where I have to go now to post and Read. .. I think.. Thanks Rich ..

None of you do.

Please.

Mike,

You ####ty attitude does NOTHING to diffuse this situation.

To be clear, you have the right to change what ever you want. We have the right to complain about it. You need to head back to communications 101 because you are alienating alot of people with your unprofessionalism.

No, I don't actually think you woke up yesterday and said "Lets see how we can screw with users" That would imply some logic and thinking went into it.

Making changes is fine, and i.m.o necessary. NOW that these have been clarified (soemthing that SHOULD have been clarified FIRST before the changes were made) if you're not going to go in that order, you should expect mass confusion. Responding to that mass confusion with a "too ####### bad" attitude won't help.

On a seperate issue, but one which I recieved the same attitude, when closing a post, you are acting as a moderator, not a regular poster. Just simply close the post. Don't get your little last jab in there to which no one can defend themselves against. I complained about that, to which I was given the same response. Don't like it, leave.

Be careful what you wish for.

Thanks to Rich for clarifying and thus, diffusing the situation. (Gee it's just that simple)

Of course we don't think that. And of course we have no idea because we weren't informed. But posting a thread asking for suggestions on the proposed change would have prompted a healthy discusstion. Because most of the discussion was "behind the scenes" it feels like the typical user of this forum wasn't even included - feels like you got a few complaints and decided to make some changes.

were we in on the discussions regarding combining DCp & DCp-C?

no.

there was a fraction of the #####ing about that that there has been about this and that forum handled way more posts a day than this Senior/DCa forum sees.