Drum corps sequels

I kinda want to say that Cavaliers 2001-2003 was a trilogy, because they were all visual concepts first, original music by Saucedo.

Well, you may be able to say that about 2001 and 2003, but the 2002 show was originally entitled "The Elements of Music." It wasn't until later in the winter that the title was changed to "Frameworks." Actually, I think the first copies of music with "Frameworks" at the top still held "The Elements of Music" as a subtitle. Anyway, it would be difficult to claim that 2002 was conceived as a visual concept first.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Revolution began what was to be a trilogy back in 2003 with their "Exploration I: Connotations" show using Edward Gregson's "Connotations". Though I'm not absolutely certain, I seem to recall the second part of their trilogy was supposed to be about emotions or some other more abstract concept? Sadly, they imploded in the Spring of '04 and thoroughly cleaned house of their administrative and instructional staff (which was sad because we were especially close to the "old" Revolution corps). Their entirely new staff that fielded the corps in '05 decided to take a different direction, and the trilogy was never completed. Again, my memory is a little fuzzy on this and there aren't very good records of them online, but I seem to recall something like that.

Interesting to note that after their leave of absence....as far as the midi went, the music was almost identical to what they were planning on doing anyway before they folded. The show theme was just changed to fit the circumstances.