Regiment Guard

Oh crap.....that means more girls are going to Madison :huh:

Huh? I don't get it? I get jokes (which I think this is supposed to be), and I know jokes lose a little bit of their humor when explained; but still, I don't understand the subtext of this one.

I believe the guy in Phantom's guard last year was an Adam Sage holdover, and the girl in Madison Scout's guard had ties with Capital Sound (I recall hearing she was the sibling of a former or current CapSound member).

Was there a perception that Scout's and Phantom's use of other-gender characters somehow related? I'm not sure.

Just wondering. Thanks!

:huh: the rumors that get believed..

I'm pretty sure this was cleared up during the season but just FYI..

The "american in paris" was not a "holdover" as far as I understand it. The position was announced. He auditioned and got the role.. he had marched another corps previously.

I asked about the girl who played Carmen last season at a Scouts rehearsal. Carmen had never marched any drum corps. She was "discovered" (by, I think it was, Michael Cesario) watching a rehearsal the season before.. she is a dancer and had no drum corps exposure other than to be impressed with watching the Scouts at a rehearsal.

She was auditioned and won the role.

No member "trading" was ever done or considered. That was told to me directly by one of the directors involved.

Stef

:huh: the rumors that get believed..

I'm pretty sure this was cleared up during the season but just FYI..

The "american in paris" was not a "holdover" as far as I understand it. The position was announced. He auditioned and got the role.. he had marched another corps previously.

I asked about the girl who played Carmen last season at a Scouts rehearsal. Carmen had never marched any drum corps. She was "discovered" (by, I think it was, Michael Cesario) watching a rehearsal the season before.. she is a dancer and had no drum corps exposure other than to be impressed with watching the Scouts at a rehearsal.

She was auditioned and won the role.

No member "trading" was ever done or considered. That was told to me directly by one of the directors involved.

Stef

Neat! Admitedly, hearing the "American in Paris" role was given to an SCV vet is nothing short of rumor. I haven't heard anyone ever come out and say he wasn't an SCV vet, but obviously the burden of proof doesn't rest there. In the meantime, I guess it would be pretty unfair to assume.

As for Carmen, this was the post that pretty much put all rumors to rest (thanks to Toby). She was the sister of a Capital Sound member who was at the right place at the right time.

Neat! Admitedly, hearing the "American in Paris" role was given to an SCV vet is nothing short of rumor. I haven't heard anyone ever come out and say he wasn't an SCV vet, but obviously the burden of proof doesn't rest there. In the meantime, I guess it would be pretty unfair to assume.

As for Carmen, this was the post that pretty much put all rumors to rest (thanks to Toby). She was the sister of a Capital Sound member who was at the right place at the right time.

Well I never saw Toby's post, I just asked the staff of the Scouts at an actual rehearsal this past summer.

According to them, she did not march anywhere else. She did not audition anywhere else before joining the Scouts as their guest performer and I don't believe she had any additional plans at the time to march anywhere this summer.

I don't know anything about her family, I'm just giving you a report on what the staff told me.

Stef

That was just an ongoing joke on here that Scouts and PR traded guard members last thats all.

Thanks! Just wondering...