Drillwriting

I've been playing with Pyware for a good 5 years, experimenting with the demos and hoping to write drill someday. Finally I've got the chance this season to get my designing off the ground and I'm writing for a few schools. I think any drill writer should be able to write by hand although I don't think that's the smart way to write. There is a learning curve as with anything, but once you know the program you can get your ideas down and animated within a few minutes. I like the 3D perspective view to check out what the forms look like from any angle, hight or distance from the field. The people working at Pyware are AWESOME and really helped me with getting started with my designing this year, they gave my # and email to some really respected writers and i'm getting some of their overflow for this season.

The program's free to try and they're adding some really crazy features that will hopefully help out with kids learning the drill in the future. Take it easy- Brooks

I totally agree. I learned to write by hand but once I learned how to use Pyware I am never going back. It has so many features that can help you as a drill writer. It is faster, it helps emiminate many mistakes that are often made by hand (like switching numbers), and the animation tool is great (most of the time). In addition you dont have to worry about mailing the drill to the schools and it getting there in time, you can just e-mail it to them. Also, it is very simple to set up an account for every school that you write for in order to allow every kid in the band to view the drill in motion on their home computer.

The pyware support staff is amazing too.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic