Concerns With Rose Bowl in 2007

los_angeles_rose_bowl1.jpg

I do agree with Aaron about the stadium being flat, but you know what? I don't care. It's in California!

heh.. I'm in that picture, go figure.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the some of the visual designers will somehow be able to take the "flatness" of the Rose Bowl into account when they're putting together the drill to make their shows more effective from a low angle. Of course, I have no idea exactly how that would be accomplished.

If the designers did anything to accomodate the "flatness" I imagine it would boil down to vertical spacing on the field. For example, in the case of a lower pressbox they would spread out vertically (Or quash it, correct me if I'm wrong.) in order to make the forms appear more 'true' from the stands. Especially so if they're going for a specific form or shape.

Outside of that, playing in California would be pretty much awesome.

San Diego would not have been better IMHO.

The City of Pasedena will be a terrific host to DCI in 07. They do a pretty good job with events like these... though I don't think that DCI is as big as FIFA, NFL, or TOR. Never the less, should be a great experience.

The City of Pasedena will be a terrific host to DCI in 07. They do a pretty good job with events like these...

Who is talking about the city? Read the title...... "Concerns with Rose Bowl" No one complained about the city of Foxboro it was the stadium.

The Rose Bowl will be awful!!!!

Bad Traffic

Bad Parking

Bad Restrooms

Bad Seats

Bad Sight Lines

Bad Noisy Lights

Great City!!!! Well, while I am not at the Rose Bowl watching drum corps it will be fun. If I wanted to see the city then I would go to the Rose Parade.

Edited by iluvdc

Now, maybe i am off my rocker or somethin'...but isnt the NFL looking at the Rose Bowl as a site to "potentially" move the Saints as of next season. If so doesn't that put the future of DCI in Pasadena in jeopardy?

If so then, whose next? I think Houston, Chicago, or back in Denver. I would love to see championships back in Denver, I really loved that stadium. Of course Buffalo wouldn't too bad as well.

I still haven't been told if the rosebowl was a sure thing in 2007. Is there a site that I can go read or something?

It was announced by Dan Acheson in Foxboro at the Friends of DCI social.