Space Music/Benediction

Just wondering if it is at all possible to get sheet music or something for the space music/benediction that BD plays, I am doubting that it is possible, but it would be nice

Well, just have the hornline play any note they want. As you point at them, going thru the arc, they get loud then soft. Do it several times. Then give them the signal to play a given chord (say B flat) or C, Then they play that at FFF. That is a simple way to do it. All dynamics and a full rich FFF chord at the end. Just a thought. LOL

Just wondering if it is at all possible to get sheet music or something for the space music/benediction that BD plays, I am doubting that it is possible, but it would be nice

I doubt that you can get sheet music for it. When I was in a senior corps a number of years ago we did dis-chords (We called them CRUNCH CHORDS) basically this is how we did it. The horn instructor (At the beginning of the season) assigned each horn player a note to play so...

Player 1 play a C

Player 2 play a C#

Player 3 play a D

and so on.

Actually there was a good technical reason for playing the exercise. It was a really good exercise to learn how to use your ears to balance the sound (Since the players 3 - 5 to the right and left of you are playing different notes). We always resolved on a C Major chord. I LOVED playing this exercise......( see my name)

Triple Forte

Edited by Triple Forte

I believe he was referring to the actual chords they play in the song.... its more then just the one cluster chord

Just go by ear...I can put what chords they have on their palate...well some of them, they may have more. Its just how you decide in what order to present the chords and at what dynamic that makes it exciting.

Edited by KevinSop85

Yeah, im looking for actual music, I know how to do "cluster" chords or whatever everyone calls them, im talking about a track on one of hte BD cd's that is titled "space music/benediction"

No music really needed. Just play and dynamics. Just hit the chord at the end. Hey man, that is what I remember. And that is what I remember from Mr. Ott. It was just to loosen up. Go from p to fff to p to fff then a nice chord full BALLS. But remember to go from side to side. Then the chord is all horns together.

Edited by newterak