why?

why are there so many threads in here about band? its "general junior corps discussion" yet everytime i come in theres some new thread about marching band. if you want to talk about marching band go over to BOA or something. im probably goinng to get flamed for this, but dont think im a rookie at this forum bc of my number of posts. i've had a couple otehr accounts on dcp before but lost the passwords after tour or something happened with my email address.

If the question is simply "why?" I think it might have something to do with the fact that BOA Grand Nationals just wrapped up last weekend. Many people who are interested in band, and would therefore defend it, just saw the peak of the BOA activity. And just as DCI discussion is always highest around championships, I don't doubt that BOA/band talk has picked up for the same reason.

I agree, and things on here tend to run a cycle of some sort. You know that certain topics will come around and around again. This is just one of those with BOA wrapping up and some people that are looking at comparisons between band and corps. Which can go into this discussion group because its relavent to junior corps being compared to something else. I will admit, there are those that get a little carried away.

why are there so many threads in here about band? its "general junior corps discussion" yet everytime i come in theres some new thread about marching band.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you view message boards in general) this is drum corps'

ageless debate: which came first, the chicken or the egg?

It's inevitable that these discussions will happen.. and they SHOULD happen.. and right here.. if we segregate everything about marching bands to marching band discussion boards only, what else will we ever have to talk about?

Chickens? Eggs? :)

Seriously.. it's gonna happen.. and it'll die down, too. If you see a thread about "bands", just skip it.

Start one of your own about drum corps only.

Stef

well...at least they're not all talking about slotting...

OOOOOOOOHHHH!! YOU SAID THE S WORD!!

that needs to be one of those words that looks like this: ########

:diva:

Stef

I agree, and things on here tend to run a cycle of some sort. You know that certain topics will come around and around again. This is just one of those with BOA wrapping up and some people that are looking at comparisons between band and corps. Which can go into this discussion group because its relavent to junior corps being compared to something else. I will admit, there are those that get a little carried away.

A little? Oh my gawd, I can't even believe some of the comparisons that are being made.

They should come to some of the highs schools in this area.....and check out the 15 people in the band!