Former DC Members Make Good

If this topic has been posted before, I missed it. I was just wondering about former drum corps members who went on and continued in some area of notable entertainment. Of course, we all know about Mr. Chez with Letterman and the lovely Jessica Allen with Blast. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a high profile position. For example, a major city symphony musician is noteworthy, too.

Edited by GuitarMan

Ya mean like Chris Martin, new principal trumpet of the CSO?

http://www.dci.org/news/news.cfm?news_id=c...a3-fb45f4e26e0f

I know there have been a few from the Blue Devils (as well a great many other corps).

• Bill Rounds of Blue Devils who plays cello with Boston Pops and is also on the Schindler's List sound track
  • There's also BD Alumn Brad Kintscher who is the french hornist on the Spiderman soundtrack
  • BD Alumn Sandra Clark who performs with the Toledo Symphony
  • BD Alumn Chris Komer who performs in New York and has toured with Chuck Mangione
  • BD Alumn Ray Atlas appeared in Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera in San Francisco, as well as working at the New York Met and I think is now doing opera in Milan Italy
  • BD Alumn John Trombetta who has performed with and wrote for Aretha Franklin
  • BD Alumni Paul Armstrong who performed with Maynard Ferguson and is now back with the Air Force Jazz Band.
  • BD Alumn Kate Gascoigne who performs with Bill Rounds in the Boston Pops
  • BD Alumn Don Barozzo (sp) who has been on the creative team of "The Simpsons" since their inception.
  • ....there are many many more from the Blue Crew as well as from other corps.

Edited by bd5times

*Tom Blair (Cavaliers) has made an impression in entertainment.

*And I like to think that I (Cavaliers) have been darned entertaining! (Someone please stroke my ego so I don't feel like such an attention whore. Wait...that would only make me more of one. Yeah, go ahead and fall for it!)

*Mike Cesario has taught many who have gone on to win Tony's in various elements of theater design.

*And don't forget that Dennis DeLucia and Steve Rondinaro entertain us at least once a year.

•Frank Dorritie has made some major advances in sound engineering on the west coast.

•And there's a plethora of marchers who have gone on to become major contributors to the more entertaining thing there is...drum corps! People like Wayne Downey, Michael Gaines, Marc Sylvester, the list goes on and on.

*And I like to think that I (Cavaliers) have been darned entertaining! (Someone please stroke my ego so I don't feel like such an attention whore. Wait...that would only make me more of one. Yeah, go ahead and fall for it!)

Without a doubt, Mike, drum corps would not be drum corps without you, and life would not be worth living without your presence here and in the world! (BTW, did you ever ask out the lady at your dad's doctor's office????)

Long Live Boo's Columns! :rolleyes:

Other Spirit alumni:

Spirit alum Jim Moore (guard) was in the original cast of Blast. Now, Lance Kindl (percussion) is in the traveling cast of Blast!

Also, Spirit alum Anthony Parrulli (percussion) leads the Vegas cast of Blue Man Group and has been since the show opened.

Edited by ssorrell

Ditto from a guy older enough to remember the Booooo Chronicles.... :wub:

Without a doubt, Mike, drum corps would not be drum corps without you, and life would not be worth living without your presence here and in the world! (BTW, did you ever ask out the lady at your dad's doctor's office????)

IT WORKED!!! :)

No, I never did ask her out, but I've had both parents into the same office multiple times since. Maybe I'm holding out for a drum corps woman!

And life wouldn't be worth living without great readers!

Mike

Ditto from a guy older enough to remember the Booooo Chronicles.... :rolleyes:

I don't know how many even remember Drum Corps News. Wow. Have you been checked for termites lately? :)

I don't know how many even remember Drum Corps News. Wow. Have you been checked for termites lately? :)

LMAO, no termites but arthritis in a few spots.

Still have my "Ask Me I Read Drum Corps News" bumper sticker in the cellar. It's stuck on an old guitar case and must have been a freebie with a subscription renewal. Too bad I pitched the old issues. :(