Movie Music in Corps

When is the last time a top 5 corps did movie music? I know Cadets 2005 did, but I am talking something like batman or Independence day. I know about Cavs 2004 :-) just curious. I know I am going to get killed for saying this, but I was listening to the newer Beauty and the Beast sound track. It opens with the prologue voice from the movie. I could not but think how cool it would be to redo the complete movie story on the drum corps field using that narration in the beginning to set the story up. Have a whole dang castle in the center. Yall must hate me now, but listen to the music. It is some of the best written for any movie anytime. Just so you know, I march in a real drum corps, we do the military marches and camp duties and show the public how fife drum and bugle corps operated in the military so I know what drum corps is.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beauty and the Beast has some GREAT music, in my opinion. I bet I'd enjoy it. It sounds like a real good show idea to me. I bet the fans would love it and be remembered for years :)

Edited by GuitarMan

you never know, i gotta hunch someone's gonna bust out with a movie theme this year

Check out these shows from the Sky Ryders...they were the masters of movies on the field:

1985/86 - The Wizard of Oz

1987 - West Side Story (done literally)

1988 - Sound of Music

1991 - Camelot

1992 - Brigadoon

I really miss Sky Ryders and thier ability to tell a story without being cheesey (unless it was called for).

Edited by Kamarag

Check out these shows from the Sky Ryders...they were the masters of movies on the field:

1985/86 - The Wizard of Oz

1987 - West Side Story (done literally)

1988 - Sound of Music

1991 - Camelot

1992 - Brigadoon

I really miss Sky Ryders and thier ability to tell a story without being cheesey (unless it was called for).

I love Skyryders and all these shows, but all these shows, except OZ, were written for the stage (later made into movies.)

Wizard of Oz was a scrore writen for the screen, and the best movie-music Drum Corp show EVER!

Edited by Cop

BD had Duel of the Fates as an encore song i believe in 99?

That was just before Williams pulled the plug on all the ####ty arrangements of his music, if I remember correctly. Not that the BD arrangement sucks--I love it.