BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think thats sorta the point this year, hitting both avenues. Some truly kick ### music, but tied together in such a way with the visual program to please both the hardcore drum corps fans, and a treat for those who seek that added bit of intellect in the show to take it to another level.

simple

Edited by Steve709

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But were they your favorite shows because of the concept? And does that mean that shows before concepts and titles were used aren't your favorites?

No, my love of a show is not hinged on only its concept, but the shows would not have been put together they way they had been without that concept. They were conceptualized every before drill and music and work was put down. And yes, I find classic drum corps cool and I respect it's historical value, but I don't have near the love for it that I have for what corps have done in the past 2 decades or so.

• 1 month later...

Concepts are needed to win, In my opinion. Look at the Cadets last year and the cavaliers the years before that. I could give a crap how long the explanation is. I do'nt care about concepts. Take last years show. Caravan. I don't know what it was about nor do I care. It was just awesome. And the judges liked it cause of all the concepts but it didn't affect me at all. So I'm fine with it.

No, my love of a show is not hinged on only its concept, but the shows would not have been put together they way they had been without that concept. They were conceptualized every before drill and music and work was put down. And yes, I find classic drum corps cool and I respect it's historical value, but I don't have near the love for it that I have for what corps have done in the past 2 decades or so.

I think I agree with this for the most part. A concept alone cannot make me like a show, nor can it make me dislike it. It does, however, make up a large part of how the show is designed musically and visually, which is what, along with execution, leads to my opinion of a show.