Booing

Just watched my 2005 DVDs... i was at finals and i stayed the whole time...during retreat when they announced the cadet's score and placements there was ALOT of Booing...now i dont remember hearing that at finals...(maybe cause i sat next to alot of maroon jackets) But anyway...i think no matter if people dont like the show or not or they think this corps should win etc...i dont think it's very constructive to the kids on the field for them to recieve "Boos"

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sort of related to this thread... in BD's 05 show, at the end, when they asked "audience, are you ready?" or whatever, did anybody else hear a lot of people yelling "Nooo!!!!!!!"... maybe it's just me, but the finals recordings sounds like a lot of people weren't too "ready" for BD's 05 show.

It's stupid. my greatest anger of drum corps comes from booing.

hmm, now I know there was some booing when they had changed the brass title to the Cadets when they had anounced the Cavaliers and Phantom Regiment as the brass champions a good bit earlier. I honestly think that was more frustration/annoyance with the tabulation error then anything else. But I don't remember hearing any booing when the Cadets were anounced as champions, and this was down with a lot of the alumni/supporter ticket blocks. Not cool in my book by any meens.

I'll agree it's stupid... but we're wasting our breath & typing time if we think it's going to stop anytime soon. Like any kind of sporting event, there's always going to be jeering and disagreements and we're foolish to think it's going to decimate.

I was in the end zone for the announcement of scores at finals, and I definitely heard booing for the annoucement of 99.15

I was there, but I was almost at the top so it was hard to hear some audience reaction...but I do remember there being...gasps? at the score announcement (I was one of the gasps, but a happy gasp) and perhaps a bit of hesitance before applause. I would think it was at the score, not at the placement. Nobody in their right mind thought the Cadets wouldn't wind up on top.

Booing is not new in DCI. I can think of some examples:

1995 Madison Scouts score and placement

The tie in 2000 (can't remember much booing in 1996 or 1999)

The placement of Madison Scouts in 2000 and 2001

I remember the crowd being upset in Indy in 2003 when the Cadets beat Phantom Regiment

If people in the crowd don't like what is going on...they show it. If they do like what is going on they show that also. One of the best things I've ever seen in drum corps happened this year at Indianpolis. The standing O that Phantom got when announced over the Blue Devils for the first time in 12 years was just amazing. I only wish the whole corps was on the field to see that. I guess the whole "bring back retreat" subject is for another thread!! :)

Edited by LaSqueegee

It definitely bothers me to hear the people that yelled "No!" during the Blue Devils show. It really feels like a slap in the face whenever you listen to it, and I'm not talking about just for the kids performing, but even for me as a listener who honestly enjoys the show.

Edited by Maedhros