Booing

Oh good so I wasn't one of the few that liked BD this past year! :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sort of related to this thread... in BD's 05 show, at the end, when they asked "audience, are you ready?" or whatever, did anybody else hear a lot of people yelling "Nooo!!!!!!!"... maybe it's just me, but the finals recordings sounds like a lot of people weren't too "ready" for BD's 05 show.

Well they were asking for audience participation with that question... and they got it.

I'll agree it's stupid... but we're wasting our breath & typing time if we think it's going to stop anytime soon. Like any kind of sporting event, there's always going to be jeering and disagreements and we're foolish to think it's going to decimate.

I agree with you...but suspect you might be looking for the word "desist." However, the thought of gathering up a bunch of boors and taking out every tenth one of them is kind of appealing at times. :)

And if you ever hear someone yell "Boo" at a time that doesn't make much sense, look around to see if they're trying to get my attention.

And if you ever hear someone yell "Boo" at a time that doesn't make much sense, look around to see if they're trying to get my attention.

:laugh:

Well they were asking for audience participation with that question... and they got it.

I yelled "YES" because I was WAAAAYYY ready for that show to be over!!!!! :sshh:

I agree with you...but suspect you might be looking for the word "desist." However, the thought of gathering up a bunch of boors and taking out every tenth one of them is kind of appealing at times. :)

No - I was correct - the secondary definition is "to reduce markedly in amount."

One of the best things I've ever seen in drum corps happened this year at Indianpolis. The standing O that Phantom got when announced over the Blue Devils for the first time in 12 years was just amazing. I only wish the whole corps was on the field to see that. I guess the whole "bring back retreat" subject is for another thread!! :)

that is something that is such a positive thing for any phantom member from this year to remember (even if they had to hear about it in the parking lot). congratulatory standing o's = :D

on the other hand....bitter booing = <**>

This is a good point. I'm not saying the "No!" yelling was good, but when you go out on a limb and ask for audience participation like that, you've got to know that something like that can happen. Its a risk.

yeah, to be completely honest, i actually thought the "no!" in BD's show was kind of funny, especially the first time that i heard it... had to rewind it a couple of times. and this is coming from someone that really loved their show this year. i'd be willing to be that some of the members aren't exactly happy about hearing that, though.

I was in the end zone for the announcement of scores at finals, and I definitely heard booing for the annoucement of 99.15

Same here. I'm pretty sure the booing was for the score, not the placement.