Thoughts on 2005 DVD

Aaw

May have been mentioned earlier, but am I the only one who isn't a big fan of the dub-overs?

Me neither, but I sure am glad they dubbed over "that part" in Blue Devils 89.

:blink:

:P

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahem. I believe it's Zim Julick.

It's ok, with the number of names he has to announce each year, it's a surprise he hasn't made more mistakes.

Not faulting Brandt Crocker at all...I just remember the "Zim Julick" transposition distinctly...first it's there...then it's not....

I know this was on the first page, but I remember at finals the announcer saying that there was a tie for Brass between Phantom and Cavies. Then corrected himself saying that the Cadets took it. Taking every caption. I remember booing after that, i don't know about after the Cadets won. Whatever. I have to give some props to some of the corps outside the top 12, Crossmen had a great entertaining show, and I was pleasantly surprised by South Wind's show. The "Incantation" motif that ran through the show was cool, mainly because it was slightly different than the Bluecoats take on it. I'm watching those shows right now. Good stuff.

it's actually a she. :)

I know....someone else corrected me earlier..

I feel ashamed....seriously

Everytime I watch Phantom and it gets to that solo, from here on out, I will always think something along the lines of "D'oh!"

Here's my humble thoughts on what I've had time to watch....The top 6

Cadets-Fantastic, my absolute favorite show of the season. Probably the strongest ballad of the season. Two words: GO BARITONES!!!!

Cavaliers: I enjoyed this show the more I saw it. One of the most refined sounds in DCI, and this was reflected in the DVD. I liked Jeff Fiedler's commentary about the show. It helped my understand the show a whole lot more. Very high energy and emotional.

Phantom Regiment: Great show. Lots of fun to watch, and it looked like from the performers a lot of fun to perform. Glorious brass sound and, IMHO, the best sound in DCI. I must say that the soloist mare guard member was a heck of a performer.

Blue Devils: They are still the Blue Devils. The design was a little down from years past, but they more than made up for it in sheer performance and execution. Brass was kickin'.

Bluecoats: I fell like this is the type of show that these guys have been building towards for the past 2-3 years. Great overall design and great execution throughout the performance. Brass line was as loud as I have ever heard them before, and the guard was outstanding.

Madison Scouts: I never really got into this show too much. I thought they relied on the Carmen figure too much, and was a little too distracting. This is not to say she shouldn't have been there, or that she wasn't working hard or anything, I'm just saying that I thouhgt the way she was portrayed in the show was a little too gawdy for my taste. I could be 100% wrong, but since it is only my opinion, it's not that big of a deal. Otherwise, the brass line, along with the rest of the coprs, performed the show fantastically, I just didn't care for the show. I thought that should have been 6th place.

I hope you enjoyed out outtake on this subject. TTYL

Edited by WOOHOO