Further Losses in the Family

Further Losses in the Faimily:

We deeply regret announcing the loss of two of our activities members:

The Hawthorne Caballeros & Caballeros Alumni lost Mr Frank Doherty. Frank was a very devoted member of the Caballeros & the Cab's Alumni, having marched in the "Combat Corps" from 1963 through the 1971 seasons. He was a 9 year veteran of the Alumni corps, ceasing participation only when he became to sick to continue. He was the editor of the corps "OLE!" newsletter. Frank was active in junior corps with the old Most Precious Blood Crusaders and St Kevins Emerald Knights.

The Park City Pride lost Mr Bruce Gordon. Bruce was a member of St Raphales Buccaneers and the Connecticut Hurricanes, as well as a Charter Member of the Park City Pride. Althogh seriously disabled by diabetes, he was always present at every rehearsal, and his wheelchair was always parked on the sideline at performances next to that of the late Joe Genero's.

RIP.

Elphaba

Edited by elphaba01

The Park City Pride lost Mr Bruce Gordon. Bruce was a member of St Raphales Buccaneers and the Connecticut Hurricanes, as well as a Charter Member of the Park City Pride. Althogh seriously disabled by diabetes, he was always present at every rehearsal, and his wheelchair was always parked on the sideline at performances next to that of the late Joe Genero's.

RIP.

Elphaba

:(

almost exactly a year from each other.

*Sigh*

The Hawthorne Caballeros & Caballeros Alumni lost Mr Frank Doherty. Frank was a very devoted member of the Caballeros & the Cab's Alumni, having marched in the "Combat Corps" from 1963 through the 1971 seasons. He was a 9 year veteran of the Alumni corps, ceasing participation only when he became to sick to continue. He was the editor of the corps "OLE!" newsletter. Frank was active in junior corps with the old Most Precious Blood Crusaders and St Kevins Emerald Knights.

It was an honor to know Frank Doherty. Both Frank and his wife Carol always made me feel welcome. Their joint commitment to the Caballeros, their dedication and support to both the alumni and the competing corps and true love of life was just a pleasure to experience. Thank you Frank. Your spirit lives on in all of us. Carol, you are in our prayers.

Further Losses in the Faimily:

We deeply regret announcing the loss of two of our activities members:

RIP.

Elphaba

I knew both men well, Bruce a little better than Frank, as I marched with him in the Hurcs.

My sincerest condolences to both of their immediate and drum corps families :angel:

It was an honor to know Frank Doherty. Both Frank and his wife Carol always made me feel welcome. Their joint commitment to the Caballeros, their dedication and support to both the alumni and the competing corps and true love of life was just a pleasure to experience. Thank you Frank. Your spirit lives on in all of us. Carol, you are in our prayers.

I completely agree. Frank was a good man.... it was always a pleasure to get a chance to chat with him and Carol. Good times.

FYI, after my father-in-law Fred Mowbray retired from writing the "Alumni Beat" column for Drum Corps World (covering the alumni corps activity), Frank took the reigns and wrote his own column covering the alumni corps.....great publicity for those corps. RIP, Frank... we'll miss you.

Fran