Stingray Percussion

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rob Carson was a sales rep in the 90s.....

Nope...Rob Carson was never a rep for Stingray ! By the early 90's I believe Rob had disappeared to Iowa or Utah as a church organist. He pretty much left the percussion industry behind and moved forward with his life.

Rick Rogers, Jr.

Alright,

Now, I own some stingray percussion products. Where did the company go and who started it? Rick Rogers had a hand in it I think, I am not sure, just curious about the history of the company and the stingray snares and tenors I have with the cool curved shells....

Joey O.

I can give you ALL the history of Stingray Percussion...right up to where my 'INVESTORS' were selling drums that broke right out of the box ! Pretty nifty...huh!

Rick will chime in on this. Rick pretty well started this company if not helped and the investors ended it just as quick.

I thought the snares sounded pretty good and the basses had some bada s s low-end to them. Can't say I liked the tenors at all....SORRY RICK!

Listen to the Crusaders tenors in 1988...all fiberglass, heavier than ####, but the best tenor sound in all of DCA. Won execution that year, and Bush beat us by a couple tenths in PA to take the percussion title by .1 !

Gotta love it !

Edited by Poodle

On a side note, I thought I saw a U.S. Army band unit with Stingray Percussion. I be they paid 1 million per Drum. b**bs lol

Edited by Kansan

I played the tenors once many moons ago. The #### things snapped the J-hooks right off the #### carrier! Of course, those were the big bithces with the scoops, but still... heavier than ####!

Oh, and let's not forget the basses that were firing lugs off like ####### confetti all the way down the parade route...

Rick,

Yea, I would love to hear the whole history. We used them when I was back in highschool.

Joey O.

Stay tuned...it's easy to write the TRUTH ! I'll get to it in a day or so...

Rick

You know what?....

My higschool band used them from 91 all the way up until spring 97, the same set. There were not nearly as half of the problems that I am hearing here, I guess it's just all about maintenance and upkeep and respect for a drum...lol... Seriously though, we must have got a good batch because we had little problems if any. The marching activity isnt fun without problems...

Joey O.