Stingray Percussion

Alright,

Now, I own some stingray percussion products. Where did the company go and who started it? Rick Rogers had a hand in it I think, I am not sure, just curious about the history of the company and the stingray snares and tenors I have with the cool curved shells....

Joey O.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joey,

From what I know, they stopped making drums around the 1996 timeframe. The last President of the company was Dick Filkins, if its who I think it is, he now resides in Florida. He does make his way up north for a few alumni shows though. I also heard some story, not sure if its corps lore though about the original drums being made buy a boat company in Florida for Suncoast Sound, hence why they were all made out of Fibreglass. Thats all I really know though, maybe some of the Westshore guys on here can help too...

Derek

Shore got their last set in 97. Bucs had some in 98 when the Shore staff went down there. I know we dealt with Billy K. a lot.

I was never a real fan of them. We had to triple hoop the snares a lot. basses were a pain because certain heads wouldn't fit right, and we had an endorsement that wasn't pleased we had to get labels of their logo to put on 1 &2. Also, thank god for Premier claws, or we would have blown bass heads daily.

never liked the tenors either.

I will thank Stingray for all the pub and bending over backwards, but the drums were a pain in the ### to maintain.

So,

Everyone is basically saying I wont get much for the tenors and snare on e-bay or somewhere then?

Joey O.

i dunno. the problem is if stuff breaks, where ya gonna get replacements?