star 1992

Well...I can't say I liked all of the Star years...but I do think they should have won in 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993. I just liked those shows that much. My least favorite....Porgy and Bess....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I can't say I liked all of the Star years...but I do think they should have won in 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993. I just liked those shows that much. My least favorite....Porgy and Bess....

Oh, man, I lurved that show. That may be my favorite Star of all, actually. One of the best keyboard sections OF ALL TIME.

Edited by tommytimp

• 1 month later...

I think I agree with most of the posters here...

The brass was absolutely incredible and they played beautifully.

However I did NOT like what they did with the colorguard, too much glitter, too much cheese. You gotta love that hornline though.

Something to remember...1992 was the summer after the "Patriotic Celebration" World Championships which themselves followed a quick-and-easy Persian Gulf War. In fall 1991 the idea of a patriotic show might have seemed like a slam-dunk.

Other patriotic shows in the recent past - Cadets 1995, 2002; Bluecoats 1995; Boston 2002; Troopers, well, every year...

Also, guard did not have its own caption back then, as many of you well know...

Was never a fan of 92. However, I loved both 91 and 93 shows. Breaks my heart to think Star might have done Rite of Spring in 92. What a loss.