1010 Wins Radio and the Caballeros

Kay

Kay:

Yeah, I heard it and had the same reaction. It's funny because I also heard it on the Cross Bronx going to practice around 9:10 am Saturday. I was so shocked. I heard it again on Sunday around 7:10 pm on my way home from rehearsal, and then another report at 10:13 pm. There were actually two different reports.

It's great to get this area coverage. I hope it encourages lots of people to come out and see the great corps we have this year.

Mike Risley

Cabs sop '03-'06

I didn't hear the report on WINS, but I wish I had. My dad (86 year old drum corps fan!) did hear it, and he called right away to tell us, he was so excited and proud. To this day, he's still a corps fan, and a staunch Cabs rooter. Too bad he just can't get to shows anymore due to his health. It was great to know that the corps received coverage on "The number one listened-to station in the nation!" as WINS bills itself!

Go Get 'Em Cabs! Have a great 60th Anniversary year! You continue to make us proud to be part of the organization and the tradition.

John Smith

Caballeros 1966-73

Cabs Alumni 1994-present

I didn't hear the report on WINS, but I wish I had. My dad (86 year old drum corps fan!) did hear it, and he called right away to tell us, he was so excited and proud. To this day, he's still a corps fan, and a staunch Cabs rooter. Too bad he just can't get to shows anymore due to his health. It was great to know that the corps received coverage on "The number one listened-to station in the nation!" as WINS bills itself!

Go Get 'Em Cabs! Have a great 60th Anniversary year! You continue to make us proud to be part of the organization and the tradition.

John Smith

Caballeros 1966-73

Cabs Alumni 1994-present

Yep...I heard it too. I was on my way home from work on Friday afternoon (last week, Feb 17)) and as i'm driving thru Eisenhower Park, I hear the Bull Call...I'm ;like.....WTF!!!! (####....it's wasn't ME!!!!! LOL), but nontheless, it was LOUD and clear. Then George Hayek comes on the radio and starts promoting the corps and their 60th anniversary. I nearly drove off the road myself!!!

Then on the way home from Alumni rehearsal on Sunday, I heard it again...only a different report. Bob and Deb werein the car with me and was as shocked as I was the first time I heard it.....we were all like...."That was pretty f****n cool!!!!"

Can't wait for the dinner next week. What a GREAT time we will all have!!!!

Good Luck Caballeros on your 60th anniversary. Bring home the unprecedented 10th title in 2006!!!

I can imagin how shocked you must have been.

To actually hear the phrase "drum and bugle corps" said in the real world. LOL

To hear any mention of drum corps on the radio or television is not an everyday occurance. No. Strike that. It just isn't something you hear, except for maybe once or possibly twice in a life time.

I know! I'm exaggerating. But only a little.

It's the saddest thing.