Atlanta CorpsVets Ink Endorsements, Depart From Tradition

Jonathan,

You are dealing with a child here, with the opinions a child will have. Let him spout off how bad CV will be this year with whatever our drumline plays. No need to defend anything the corps does here on DCP...It's a battle of wits with an umarmed opponent.

this is why i dont like DCP because they assume that because of my age, i know little, when indeed i know very much! i was very appreciative of everyone having this conversation with me, and treating me like a person, your post was most deffinatly not called for and very childish yourself. My opinions are only of myself and not the Cru.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is why i dont like DCP because they assume that because of my age, i know little, when indeed i know very much! i was very appreciative of everyone having this conversation with me, and treating me like a person, your post was most deffinatly not called for and very childish yourself. My opinions are only of myself and not the Cru.

and I am sure they are very proud of you.

and I am sure they are very proud of you.

who is they what what does that mean???sorry a little slow today....

and

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...pic=75813&st=20

ok, ok clam down. and, IMO, sometimes kids, who dont think they know it all due to experience, can be smarter than us old ####s who have been around for a while.

everyone's opinion is valid, and on the other side, everyones opinion can be like an ########.

that's regardless of age

I'm trying desperately to see what all the fuss is about. I've gone back and watched the show over and over and I can hear the tenor line just fine. I don't think the sound was thin at all. I do think they sounded different than other tenor lines, but why is that necessarily bad? If you personally don't like it, then fine, but to say "they sounded bad" is quite an overstatement. Furthermore all this talk has made me watch the corpsvets show over and over, and though i didn't really care for the arrangements at all, I do think that tenor line was playing more notes than most if not all the rest. Id be really curious to hear what kind of comments the judges gave as far as their sound was concerned. I guess I'm just the minority as no one else seemed to like them, though. Oh well, I hope they don't ditch them this year just because the internet crowd didn't approve.

oh if theyw ant to keep em, go for it. i am excited about the bass haeds. those things are awesome

I'm trying desperately to see what all the fuss is about. I've gone back and watched the show over and over and I can hear the tenor line just fine. I don't think the sound was thin at all. I do think they sounded different than other tenor lines, but why is that necessarily bad? If you personally don't like it, then fine, but to say "they sounded bad" is quite an overstatement. Furthermore all this talk has made me watch the corpsvets show over and over, and though i didn't really care for the arrangements at all, I do think that tenor line was playing more notes than most if not all the rest. Id be really curious to hear what kind of comments the judges gave as far as their sound was concerned. I guess I'm just the minority as no one else seemed to like them, though. Oh well, I hope they don't ditch them this year just because the internet crowd didn't approve.

Thankfully, the Internet opinions don't translate into a score on a judging sheet - at least, I don't think so just yet :worthy: The Corpsvets are going for a distinctive style and sound this year across all sections, and I would hope the effort is not prejudiced before the first competitive note is even played.

And yes, the low profile tenors will be back this year with some design improvements.

JMO

I was pleasantly surprised by the sweet sound coming from the CV snare line at the last rehearsal. It is different, no doubt, but pleasing to the ear IMHO. Extra bonus that we have Leif Marwede AND Vic Kulinski teaching them. :silly::grouphug:

I was pleasantly surprised by the sweet sound coming from the CV snare line at the last rehearsal. It is different, no doubt, but pleasing to the ear IMHO. Extra bonus that we have Leif Marwede AND Vic Kulinski teaching them. :music::music:

pictures?