United Airlines

Anyone know who did the arrangement for the United Airlines TV add?

Well, you'll probably have to email United to see what version they're using of "Rhapsody in Blue" (written in the mid 20's by George Gershwin). United has had that as their theme for the better part of 30 years now, though.

"Rhapsody" was all set to go into public domain around 2000, I think, but didn't... so United had to pay quite a bit to the Gershwin estate to keep using it.

..and just in case you want to see the commercials again....

http://unitedrhapsody.com/

:P

Anyone know who did the arrangement for the United Airlines TV add?

I'm tapping into contacts at UAL to see if I can get an answer. If/when I do, I'll post it!

Garry

Married to a UAL Flight Attendant

United used Rhapsody in Blue a LOT in TV promotions in the 90s... I thought they killed it so it was part of their marketing scheme so I was suprised to see it back in again.

(sorry I just did a marketing project about music as a brand identifier so I find this stuff interesting :P)

Edited by zackiedude

Well, you'll probably have to email United to see what version they're using of "Rhapsody in Blue" (written in the mid 20's by George Gershwin). United has had that as their theme for the better part of 30 years now, though.

"Rhapsody" was all set to go into public domain around 2000, I think, but didn't... so United had to pay quite a bit to the Gershwin estate to keep using it.

..and just in case you want to see the commercials again....

http://unitedrhapsody.com/

:P

i thought it was rhapsody.

someone owes me a soda! :mmm: