Hawwthorne Caballeros!

Ok....I had the opportunity to see a couple of videos at the post of the winter camps of the Caballeros last weekend at our 60th anniversary. And I have to say this.......WOW........what can I say about the 2006 Caballeros Drumline. This has to be one of the BEST drumlines I have heard in a very long time. They are strong, and out for blood. 9 snares, 5 bass, 5 quints and 14 in the pit. They are unbelievably balanced (for this time of year) and these kids have chops like I have never seen before. Although I have not seen any other corps yet, I really think this drumline is one to watch for this year. Gary Gill and Company have really outdone themselves this year, and I can't wait to see this drumline on the field this year.

I also had the opportunity to see the Caballeros hornline on a couple of occasions in person. HOLY CRAP!!!!! This honrline is ON FIRE!!!! Revenge is in the air, and this hornline is already believing they will accomplish their goal. When you take returning lead sops like Adam Berger, Mike Ferrero, John Gerdes, Angel Rivera, John Malloy, Christian Orico, and Guy LaFlemme, and then you add some new and young, UNBELIEVEABLY talented upstarts (who are incredible soloists as well), you have a lead line of about 11 or 12 SOLID players that will just BLOW YOUR MIND......(Sorry...I'm a lead player, so I have to boast about these guys...)...and yeah....the rest of the hornline isn't so bad either!!! (LOL)

Then add to all of this, the amazingly talented Color Guard they have, and you have the makings of a season to remember

Sorry to go on like this, but this corps definitely deserves some hype. After last year's great run to championship week, this corps has just not stopped moving forward.

Congratulations on your recent success at camp this weekend!!!

I wish you the best of luck Caballeros......from this alumni to all of you!!!

Sing it, Frank - Amen, brutha !

Frank, there' s only one W in Hawthorne........some Hall of Famer......tsk tsk....

Tim ^0^

Ok....I had the opportunity to see a couple of videos at the post of the winter camps of the Caballeros last weekend at our 60th anniversary. And I have to say this.......WOW........what can I say about the 2006 Caballeros Drumline. This has to be one of the BEST drumlines I have heard in a very long time. They are strong, and out for blood. 9 snares, 5 bass, 5 quints and 14 in the pit. They are unbelievably balanced (for this time of year) and these kids have chops like I have never seen before. Although I have not seen any other corps yet, I really think this drumline is one to watch for this year. Gary Gill and Company have really outdone themselves this year, and I can't wait to see this drumline on the field this year.

I also had the opportunity to see the Caballeros hornline on a couple of occasions in person. HOLY CRAP!!!!! This honrline is ON FIRE!!!! Revenge is in the air, and this hornline is already believing they will accomplish their goal. When you take returning lead sops like Adam Berger, Mike Ferrero, John Gerdes, Angel Rivera, John Malloy, Christian Orico, and Guy LaFlemme, and then you add some new and young, UNBELIEVEABLY talented upstarts (who are incredible soloists as well), you have a lead line of about 11 or 12 SOLID players that will just BLOW YOUR MIND......(Sorry...I'm a lead player, so I have to boast about these guys...)...and yeah....the rest of the hornline isn't so bad either!!! (LOL)

Then add to all of this, the amazingly talented Color Guard they have, and you have the makings of a season to remember

Sorry to go on like this, but this corps definitely deserves some hype. After last year's great run to championship week, this corps has just not stopped moving forward.

Congratulations on your recent success at camp this weekend!!!

I wish you the best of luck Caballeros......from this alumni to all of you!!!

Frank:

Thanks for the raves. As one of the lead trumpets, I agree that the guys you named are exceptional players. Everytime I play with them, I feel like I learn more and become a better player. But, as you point out, a hornline is more than lead trumpets, and this year's entire hornline is outstanding, and we can't wait to perform. This past weekend we put the entire first movement on the field marching and playing - and it was hot. We are psyched. Anyone interested should catch us in Harrisburg at Serenade in Brass.

Mike Risley

CABS sop '03-06

Congrats Frank, well deserved. Now shall I tell the story of the 95 victory performance.

Where is the 40, I can't find it?

Edited by Rap48