Old WGI Photos

lnavis

1 of 6

scan0002-1.jpg

Could this photo be the Leamington Townsmen? They had me come in and instruct a few times one year. However,I never got to see them perform unfortunately. The unis look like something they would wear. Leamington is the tomato capitol or something like that isn't it? :thumbup:

Edit: On second thought. I guess an Ontario guard would not be in the Alberta championships now would they? :worthy:

Edited by GrewvyG2

Check out '84 - '86 Avatar. In '86 (if that's the one you have) she's one of the dancing trio at the end (2 girls, 1 guy).

Wow, I think it's strange that people, other than those of us who marched, would on-demand us! Cool though.

Actually, I have both years that Avatar made finals ('84 and '86). And it's not so strange. That's part of why I enjoy these threads, because they remind me of the guards I loved!

Could this photo be the Leamington Townsmen? They had me come in and instruct a few times one year. However,I never got to see them perform unfortunately. The unis look like something they would wear. Leamington is the tomato capitol or something like that isn't it? :lol:

Edit: On second thought. I guess an Ontario guard would not be in the Alberta championships now would they? :tongue:

Riddle me this, what does a lady do when she's been away from guard for over 20 years...

...she becomes a tomato and tries to ketchup :laughing:

I took this photo while they were starting their show, before the music. Then I put my camera down and enjoyed watching all the guards. This is Alberta All Girls prep guard with Lisa as captain front and centre, the one that wore my yellow sun glasses. Helping this guard circuit was fun. :tongue: