Marines in Baltimore!

This is very cool. Got an e-mail the other day saying the United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps has been added to the Dixie Stinger's lineup. The official confirmation is on the Yankee Rebels' website.

The Stinger indoor concert is coming up this Saturday, April 1, in suburban Baltimore. And the MARINES will be in the house.... WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Fran

This is very cool. Got an e-mail the other day saying the United States Marine Drum and Bugle Corps has been added to the Dixie Stinger's lineup. The official confirmation is on the Yankee Rebels' website.

The Stinger indoor concert is coming up this Saturday, April 1, in suburban Baltimore. And the MARINES will be in the house.... WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

Fran

Fran,

See ya in 6! :wub:

B)

The Stinger is today, at 6 PM....... ^OO^ ^OO^

Good alumni-corps lineup, plus the Marines.

And a guy wearing a tastefully-appointed shirt. B)

Fran

The Stinger is today, at 6 PM....... ^OO^ ^OO^

Fran

I heard as much as I could from outside at the Reading Buccaneers table. What I could hear from the Marines sounded really good.

And Fran, it was great meeting you. See you at the Bucs indoor show.

I heard as much as I could from outside at the Reading Buccaneers table. What I could hear from the Marines sounded really good.

And Fran, it was great meeting you. See you at the Bucs indoor show.

Nice to meet you too, Brian! It was a good night in Baltimore.... the Marines were outstanding, as usual. The world's best marching music ensemble, IMO, and this year they've added euphoniums to their line (2-valve G's, like the rest of their horns). Great brass charts from their music director Brian Dix.

Fran

Nice to meet you too, Brian! It was a good night in Baltimore.... the Marines were outstanding, as usual. The world's best marching music ensemble, IMO, and this year they've added euphoniums to their line (2-valve G's, like the rest of their horns). Great brass charts from their music director Brian Dix.

Fran

Fran

:laugh::lol: To the "Good Alumni Corps lineup"....

:lol::blink::blink: To the "Marines Corps D&B Corps"...

b**bs ("tastefully-appointed shirt") b**bs

Fran, did I miss that one?...hehehe

Tony B)

I'm not much when it comes to words....(I'll see if I can make some sense here)

As soon as I catch my breath, (literally) I'm planning on posting my pics from last night in my Flickr albums. I had hoped to meet a few DC folks last night, (that I've only meet through this medium), please accept my apologies for not working a little harder on that.

(a little of the "kid in the candy store" thing, see below) I brought with me my digital and one of my 35mm as well as a video cam.

The Yankee Rebels "Dixie Stinger" last night was the first DC show I've been to since the Bridgeport show in 1985!

(20 years and 10 months.....if anyone is counting. Because of my "Van Adjustment" in 1985)

Donna and I have only been back involved (reading/posting on the DC Internet groups) since around Dec. 2004 (MASSIVE "re-learning" of what today's DC's are AND are not) Having been away from DC's, (and the activity) for 20 yrs, it was, to say the least, a little overwhelming.

My thanks to a few that made the night very memorable for Donna and I, Fran & Barb Haring (GREAT job Fran, a pleasure to finally meet you Barb) Fran, thanks for the introduction to Barb.....using your microphone....LOL b**bs

Marty 'Stan" Roche (one of my closest DC friends) & Mattie Levine (Archer-Epler) Mattie, my pleasure meeting you as well...God will reward your patience...hehe).

And, not the least by any means, the friend I promised I would do whatever I can to get to see him perform at this show.

(also a VERY close friend) Frank Ponzo :laugh: ....Thank you, GREAT show! (next time I think I'll NOT sit in the front row...hehehe b**bs ) Thank you again for the dedication...(this was not earned by me. IMHO) To Jim Russo, thank you for your kind words... :blink:

The "line up" was, err....WOW! b**bs b**bs

The Marine Corps D&B Corps (with the "new family additions")

Archer-Epler Musketeers Alumni

Steel City Ambassadors

BS Golden Knights

The Music Express

Mason-Dixon Drum Line

Yankee Rebels Alumni

Reilly Raiders Alumni

Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni

All I can think as of right now is WOW! b**bs b**bs

(rant off)

I am hoping I will be able to put into words how much last meant to Donna and I.......

(maybe a page 2 in a couple days?)

Yours in Corps,

Tony B)