Finals Week

Ok, so I haven't marched for two years now and I'm back for my age-out. I was looking at the schedule and noticed hat there are two days in-between prelims and semi's. Why is that? Also, what was wrong with the old schedule of Monday through Wendesday? I remember the change being made in 2003 to a different schedule, but peonally I hate the idea of Grand-Finals being in the morning. If the change was made to get more attendance for the 2/3 crowd is it working? I can't think of too many people who would wake up extra early to see 2/3 Grands, or would spend the extra money on another ticket. I've been out of it for too long.

I believe someone mentioned the Div. I tickets get you into the II/III events on that day - not positive though.

There are 2 days between Div. II/III Prelims and Div. II Semis because Div. III Semis are on a seperate day, the day before, plus I&E is the day right after Prelims.

Here is the schedule:

http://madison06.dci.org/schedule/

This is also the first time since the new schedule that Div. II/III are in the same venue as Div. I, so hopefully that will help attendance.

Hope that answers some of your questions. Glad to hear you are marching your age-out! :)

Edited by SoonerFan04

Hey Seth, it's Pete.

I miss the old schedule myself. Though having time between shows at finals week really helped IMO. Alot of us were burnt out from tour, and were happy to have extra time to clean things up with the show. I imagine not everyone likes it. Though it was a good change to me. Now that we won't have a repeat of last year's 'two champs' nonsense I think things will settle. I would like to see the finals schedule settle into the prelim/semis/finals format, and stay there. The constant change is aggravating. Especially so close to the culmination of my time in drum corps. We'll have to catch up on the road sometime. I hope you guys have a great summer.

I believe someone mentioned the Div. I tickets get you into the II/III events on that day - not positive though.

Unfortunately not the case. I just got a response from DCI today. To quote "The Division II and III tickets will be available in the coming months."

Unfortunately not the case. I just got a response from DCI today. To quote "The Division II and III tickets will be available in the coming months."

:ramd:

That's pretty wack, in my opinion. They should sell tickets for those that do not want to attend Div. I AND allow those with Div. I tickets to get in. If they allowed everyone with a Div. I ticket to attend, attendance would certainly go up I would assume. Yes, I know allowing the schedules to not run as close together as the last 2 years AND being in the same venue will help, but surely letting the tickets get you in both would help even more.

What's more important to DCI?

Increased attendance, which creates increased interest, which then in turn creates increased attendance at MORE Div. II/III shows next summer - or - getting "more" money by not allowing the Div. I tickets to suffice? By increasing interest in Div. II/III they make more money in the long run, but clearly they are more concerned with RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now...