Predicting Next Year

I think it is really annoying that some people continue to post topics about predicting the top 12 of next season. The fact of the matter is that we have not seen or heard any performance from a corps at a drum corps show. Therefore, this is completely pointless and all opinions are unfounded. A perfect example is SCV. Last year at this time no one would have predicted that they would finish 8th or 9th. However, once they saw and heard the performance, their opinions changes. Finally, why do scores and placements even matter? Talk about ideas you like, music you like. Evaluate the recordings that corps have posted. Don't waste your time with trying to predict <comment removed - Rich> scores.

You're annoyed? Then your tone of annoyance is self inflicted in this situation. Why? You don't have to look at the predictions.

Predictions isn't the correct term, it's more like placing bets. It's a axiomatic that the scores before seeing evidence is subject to vast change.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not seeing how predicting how corps will finish when you haven't seen or heard the show is fun.

This isn't harsh but maybe you should try not getting frustrated at everyone else because you don't understand something everyone else takes some interest in.

It's a axiomatic that the scores before seeing evidence is subject to vast change.

This sentence makes absolutely no sense, but congratulations on trying to force "axiomatic" into it. Well done. :)

Edited by Jared_mello

No axiomatic works. AP English test in 2 months.

No axiomatic works. AP English test in 2 months.

Just because you signed up for AP english doesn't mean that you used the word right. I took the test last year, and let me assure you that there were plenty of complete morons in my class (not calling you one). I'm just saying that the way you used it made no sense...which it didn't.

Okay, since I was rudely interrupted by a closed thread... I will shed light on the topic in here....

"What is someone new to the activity doing with a user name like 27thLancer14? New to the activity, yeah right."

Because... If you know anything about Logarithmic functions, you would know that...

27thLancer14 is equal to log(sub27)14=x

Assuming that 27 is the base, we know that the exponential function is equal to 27^x=14 thus, we know that x= .801 or 4/5

Therefore, rather than being new to the activity, Lancer has actually marched 14 years, making them all knowing.

Edited by Mellojaphoney

Okay, since I was rudely interrupted by a closed thread... I will shed light on the topic in here....

"What is someone new to the activity doing with a user name like 27thLancer14? New to the activity, yeah right."

The question of the week. I really want to know the truth already. Is it possible to do online polygraph tests?