Cymbal Technique 101

cymbaldude

Introducing Cymbal Technique 101, the new marching cymbal tutorial with instruction, notation, exercises, tips and techniques used by Eddie Capps and Andrew Nixon the instructors of the 2 time DCI Cymbal Ensemble Champions of Spirit drum and bugle corps from Jacksonville State University. This tutorial will help you build a solid foundation for your cymbal line and will also give you the tools for advanced level teaching whether your line is at the High School, College or Drum Corps level!

The third edition of this information packed Book/DVD combo is the most complete cymbal tutorial available! The Book has 87 pages and comes packed with 74 chapters and hundreds of illustrations, while the DVD is just over 1 hour and 5 minutes long and includes video of all the techniques in the book, as well as the exercises, plus bonus footage at the end. This combo covers basic use and care of cymbals, basic techniques, advanced techniques, exercises, visuals, and notation.

Please visit our website at www.cymbaltechnique101.com

Nice. I have the mpg of the 04 DCI performance...YIKES!!

Where was this in 86 when I was with Dagenham and could've used it??? I ended up trying to recreate visuals and adding sounds from memory of what I'd seen on DCI tapes!!

For all you cymbal players - just don't catch the air pocket that results in cymbal inversion and thus making useless your cymbals for the rest of the show (flashback to, I think 1970 Kilties VFW Nationals........)

Dude...I TRIED to do that at 1986 DCUK finals during the on field warmup....this after one of DCUK's VPs tried to break ranks on me (if he'd walked 5 feet farther back he could've gone around), I refused to let him do so, and he threatened to puil me from the cforps right there as wel were getting ready to enter the gate!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm with you on that tubawarrior and by the way - awesome avatar!

that preview was sweet....long live plates....it's too bad most corps are sacrificing cymbal lines to add more players (or guard) elsewhere.

Amen to that....some are even making their cymbal players into guard members..... ^0^