Silent Brass for Baritone?

bumo27

I get a whiny phone call if my stereo is turned up loud enough so I can barely hear it in the next room.  The upstairs neighbor would probably have a heart attack if I played the euph sans mute.

Michael Oldemeyer

You have rights to play your instrument from like 9 to 9 (in most any state), as long as it's quieter than a lawnmower. I suggest you do some research for your area and find out what you can and cannot do. I told my manager once that a neighbor of mine was being un-realistic, and that I was well within the sound ordinances of my county, and that seemed to clear it up.

Hey, thanks! I was unaware of that.

Michael Oldemeyer

I get a whiny phone call if my stereo is turned up loud enough so I can barely hear it in the next room.  The upstairs neighbor would probably have a heart attack if I played the euph sans mute.

Michael Oldemeyer

You have rights to play your instrument from like 9 to 9 (in most any state), as long as it's quieter than a lawnmower. I suggest you do some research for your area and find out what you can and cannot do. I told my manager once that a neighbor of mine was being un-realistic, and that I was well within the sound ordinances of my county, and that seemed to clear it up.

my problem is that i work 2nd shift (3pm-1:30am) and really only feel like practicing between 2-6am. sometimes i'll take my horn with me to work and practice in one of the warehouses, but they aren't heated and i'm not really supposed to be in there after my shift...

the euph mute looks like it's waay too big... maybe i'll just go ahead and buy a silent brass that fits my bass trombone and figure out a way to make it fit a k-70....

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem. The Trombone silent brass was to small and the eupho way to big. I finally bought the Trombone silent brass and bought additionally the soft rubber and just added a 2nd (or3rd) layer of rubber around the damper. Now it fits perfect. You still just hear the sound of the valves. Costs me additional 3 US$ and works fine since 2 years.

Oliver "Saege" Grimm